Anyone in the ATL area use 'Ringtec' for repairs, maintenance, etc?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in the ATL area use 'Ringtec' for repairs, maintenance, etc?

curious what your experience was, and if they're reputable. They're on Roswell Rd, just south of Northridge apparently.

Otherwise, Autohaus and Eurotech seem to be the independent shops of choice around here, correct?
Old 01-15-2007, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I used them once. I had a good experience with them. (long)

I called this guy (Paul Meridith I think) on a Sunday and he answered even though the shop wasn't open! My wifes Passat had the sludge issue and I needed it taken care of right away. We arranged to have the car dropped off to him Monday morning and he agreed he would call me 1st am before he did any repairs with my options.

He called me the Monday morning and told me that I was right about the sludge issue and gave me two quotes. One to replace everything broken or suspect (including opening the VC's and checking cams and some other stuff not related to sludge issue but needed to be fixed) and one with just the main parts related to sludge issue (oil pump, few engine bearings, steaming oil pain, and cleaning the bottom of engine). He gave us time to call him back to make a decision on what we wanted to do. We went the cheap route and it cost us $900 or so which was pretty reasonable considering the dealer wanted $1600 for just the oil pump.

We haven't had a problem with the car since (related to his repairs that is) and it's been like 2 years now. When he did the job he did tell us that it would be good to check the VC for damage up top as well but, we skipped it because we thought we were going to trade it. But the car has been fine. No CEL's at all for 2 years. So our experience was really good. I'd recomend them. I think the guys name is Paul Meridith I talked to.

Eurotech prob would have been cheaper but Eurotech it's getting harder and harder to talk to a live tech or have someone call you back. I love those guys, but the last couple of times I've been there, I wasn't too impressed with their work (just isolated incidents of a missing bolt and faulty part) or communication (some teenager that never gives your message). Still the cheapest in town though. I use them when I've got time to drop my car off and leave it for a few days because they're really busy - like a dealership.

I see Autohaus on the way home from work but I've never used them before. And NEVER go to Eurasian Motor Sports off Pleasant Hill across from Best Buy in Duluth. THE WORST! Not trust worthy nor do they do good work.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

thanks- appreciate the info.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default very good info, thanks. heard good things about eurotech...

myself but i can understand the small issues u mentioned.