FYI: Gwinnett County doesn't have anything better to do than give out window tint tickets today

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FYI: Gwinnett County doesn't have anything better to do than give out window tint tickets today

Got pulled over less than a mile from home with my parents in the car with me, for doing absolutely nothing wrong (driving wise). My car was done at 20% all around, as was my last car. I've never had any issues before, but apparently this guy was last inline for radar guns today, so he had nothing better to do. The meter read my windows at 18%, but whatever. Meaningless rant I know, but to everyone else, around here, today might be a day to just let the windows down.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I don't know anyone in the emmissons world, Mine's always passed thankfully...

The only way around it, is to register it in another county. My dad did that with a pickup-truck he had one time. Registered it at his friend's address, subscribed to some magazine his friend liked (as a friendly payment) so my dad would have his name on mail for that address.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I see you're back in GA now, in North GA at that. Coming to any meets?

Anyway, that place I mentioned in my post a while back would probably let you fly, along with a another place around here is in Cobb county. I'll ask around about Dekalb.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Just register it at my place
Old 06-11-2007, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

left work early on Friday and missed your post. Let me know if anything comes up again
Old 06-11-2007, 12:41 PM

Default FYI, try not breaking the law and you won't have to worry about it...

This isn't a forum for 16 year old Honda kids that get stopped for racing. We drive Audi, we are supposed to be better than that. I hate to tell you, but the GA law does say 32% VLT. You sir, even at 20, would have been below that.

I'm glad there are Officers out there brave enough to do a job that 99% of society would never do.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I'm not 16, and I take responcibility in it. I went Saturday morning, and had it retinted...

...on the front to 35% I don't like it, it looked better matching all the way around. Florida has a limit at 22% because this is the south where its hot as all hell in the summer. I just believe its ridiculous to pull someone over for nothing better than window tint.

I was harassed last year by a cop for NOT having an expired tag. It was two weeks before my birthday, taxes and tag had been paid for, but the sticker hadn't come in the mail yet because Gwinnett is slow. But this cop tailgated me for four miles before pulling me over, to ask me why I had paid my tag bill but hadn't put the sticker on...
Old 06-11-2007, 02:20 PM

Default While you may not be 16, you sound like it...

Laws are not designed so that we like them. And let me tell you, its not "harassment" to be stopped for violating the law.

Saying you think is silly is fine, but just think, rapists believe that what they get questioned by law enforcement about is silly as well.

I guarantee you there is no Officer who remotely gets excited about stopping someone for window tint. Most don't even agree with the law, but it's their job and duty to enforce it.

Don't like the law? Vote and write your representatives to change it. Until then, give some slack to the guy who risks his butt so the rest of us can live our easy lives.

Anyway, back to Audi.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'll call bull****e on traffic ***** and window tint...

being a retired officer, I have first hand knowledge of officers who do nothing all day than look for window tint violations. Why, becuase they don't have a radar to use. Personally, I believe new officers should get a radar for at least one year after the academy. Why, because an officer that has a radar as an rookie, will never learn that there other traffic violators out there other than speeders.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:02 PM

Default 140? what mods?

I was only getting my 2.0t up to 120 (of course I was letting off earlier than necessary for turn 10.)

Must be driver's skill

Quick Reply: FYI: Gwinnett County doesn't have anything better to do than give out window tint tickets today