Just wanted to share my experience at Butler Tire, FWIW

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just wanted to share my experience at Butler Tire, FWIW

I've read a few comments about Butler Tire (good and bad). Unfortunately, I listened to the bad comments and bought a set of Toyo Proxes 4 from an online dealer.

When I started this process, I called the Doraville Butler Tire and asked for Kevin (I had heard Wade talk about him a few times). Unfortunately, Kevin wasn't in the office. The guy who answered the phone gave me a quote that was significantly higher than the online store.

As it turns out, Kevin would have MORE than matched the online price, and he would have also been able to give me a better deal on the alignment, recurring balancing and the high-speed on car balancing.

Bottomline: I wish I had bought the tires from Butler. Now, if I have any problems with the Toyos, I have to go back to an online dealer.

They had me out of the door in less than 2 hours. Kevin's a great guy, and they have great coffee (yeah, I like coffee, so it was a plus)

BTW, my car is better than ever. I had the dreaded A6 vibration since day one. It's gone. The car is amazingly quiet and smooth (safely up to 110mph on a deserted stretch of I-16E). I HIGHLY recommend the high-speed on car balancing. This is my third set of tires and it's the first time I've had this done. It's night and day.

Give them a chance. If you call the Doraville store, make sure you talk to Kevin.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:54 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I buy all my tires there.

They "get it".

Kevin and Craig are great guys. I usually deal with Kevin.

Ask for Bill to do your alignment. He really knows Audis and 4-wheel alignment for our beasts.