Thanks to Jim Ellis Audi & REVO for helping out at Barber.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apples to apples much?

Like you said, that guy was a douche, and perhaps there were more reasons behind it.

However when you bring a car in for work, pay for the work, and it's not done right, that's not them being a douche, it's them not doing their job, which is the only reason I had gone there.

When I brought it back and asked them to take another look they told me there was nothing wrong and charged me $100 for looking at it.

I knew they were wrong and took it to Nalley, low and behold they noticed the problem immediately, and spent 4 days locating, diagnosing and repairing it. Gave me a free loaner, and charged me only 2 hours labor.

JE should have done it for free. I even gave them detailed instructions about what was wrong, when it occured and how to reproduce it.

There are always stories that go both ways on every dealer out there. Having known many tech's I know often times it's a luck of the draw on which bay your car ends up in and you can get good service, or a short cut taker wherever you want.

I'll never go back to JE. I've heard others say the same. I'm not saying anything that isn't true and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's not a silly grudge, and there's not more to it. If you want to see copies of the bills I'll gladly show them to you, dates and everything. I don't need to go for another week without my car to diagnose something that should have been done properly the first time. I rarely take my car anywhere to be worked on and the service and workmanship I got from Nalley BLEW JE out of the water.

They were very up front, my service manager was great and they went way out of their way for me.

Are you seriously telling me that having had the 2 experiences I had, you think I should go back to JE? No thanks.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:04 AM

Default well put, the incentive you (OSAG) have to keep a good name for JE has nothing to do with me

if someone asks for opinions, I'm going to post them. They are my experiences and there's nothing wrong with that.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:00 AM

Default how about easy on the threats

libel is based on the information being false.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've always had positive sales and service experiences with JE...

I bought my '97 A4 from them and had it serviced under warranty. Everything was taken care of correctly and as promised. When the turbo's wastegate let go and they were on national backorder, JE gives me a brand-new 2.8L Passat to drive for TWO MONTHS. That's friggin cool especially considering my car was still driveable just with little or no boost.

Then I moved to Alpharetta so I took it to Nalley. Usually things went fine but here's the BS I did have to put up with from them:

1) Charging at 11.8V. Nalley says it's "within spec." Won't replace alternator but every time I finally kill the battery and am stranded out somewhere until I get a jump (happens 3 times) they gladly replace the battery under warranty. Still refuse to replace the alternator or even entertain the idea that there's a problem.

2) Wind noise... apparently a problem with the windows/doors not sealing, at least on the early A4s. Tech says it's caused by the fact that my car was "lowered" thus changing the aerodynamics. Becky Campbell agrees with him. I adjust doors myself.

3) Steering wheel leather starts to deteriorate. Nalley refuses to get me a new steering wheel but "compromises" and fixes mine. Looks like total crap.

4) Bring my V8 5-speed to them for an engine noise. They replace the timing belt tensioner but noise isn't gone. They tell me it's just the way it sounds. Bill is over $1000. Fast forward about 30K miles... the noise is so bad it sounds like a diesel. I take it apart and fix the problem... a $100 oil pump intermediate shaft bearing. They did a crappy diagnosis and still charged me despite the fact that the problem wasn't fixed.

I could go on. Dealers are dealers. They're out to make a profit... that's business. I don't fault them for not wanting to give away the farm with every request. I also have been around the block long enough to know that if you want something done right, you do it yourself.

I recommend all you whiners go buy yourselves a nice Toyota or Lexus if you want your *** kissed. With all the profit the Japanese mfr's are making, they can afford to do it.

Again, my $0.02.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:14 AM

Default You aren't going to argue that our experiences are wrong...

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. And on a public forum you are entitled to voicing those opinions.

You like JE, choppo and I happen to both have sour tastes left in our mouths and we'd rather not return.

When someone asks their opinion on this forum about dealers, I'm going to give them my honest opinion. I'm not going to bull**** them just because you've had good experiences.

The biggest part of my story is how far above and beyond Nalley went fixing JEs screwup. They earned their customer... and I wouldn't hesitate to send anyone else there.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:16 AM

Default and as such, the whole JE bashing probably has no point in this therad...

but it's a bit late for that I suppose.

It is nice to have local dealer support. Perhaps with a new GM they will turn around and people like choppo and I won't have experiences like we did.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:19 AM

and like that, there it goes.... deeeeeleeeted
Old 11-09-2005, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I did that. this was getting way off topic. I don't want to badmouth Nalley at all.

Bottom line is that I enjoy participating in club activities and in some cases (Petit Corral) I work EXTREMELY hard to make them happen. But without JE's support these events would not happen. I'm not sure if you enjoy these events or not, but please, even if not be careful how you say things, so as not to anger JE into not supporting our activities and thus ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:13 AM

Default I understand where you are coming from.... I picked up the debate, didn't start it. It's nice ....

to have local dealer support like that.