Suspension Tuning Discussion Discussion forum for general topics regarding suspension tuning

AIR SUSPENSION CONVERSION - HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR SUSPENSION CONVERSION - HELP PLEASE!

I have 2012 Audi A6/C7 3.0 V6 TFSI with adjustable air suspension which has just been a nightmare. After changing all 4 air bags and the relay, it took just a few months before it dropped again on all four corners. I just want this nightmare to end. I've decided to convert to coils and settled on the ST kit for my car.

The problem is ST doesn't want to sell it to me! My local dealer said the kit is not applicable to units with adjustable dampening/level control. But thats the whole point. I just want to convert to normal springs. If its just warning lights on the dash coming up after the conversion I can live with that. If theres a way to cancel those errors, I'd really appreciate the instructions.

What I'm really looking for is someone who who has a 2012-2014 A6 or A7 (C7) with the adjustable suspension who has converted to coils. Pls., pls. let me know:

1) If the ST coils will work out. Will they fit without issues? - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-suspensi...g/1321000b~st/

2) If not the ST's are there any other coilover kits that will work? What did you use?

3) Are the level controls/EDC going to be an issue after the conversion? Or is it just warning lights?

4) How to cancel/code-out the lights?

Praying someone will help end this nightmare. Thank you.

Old 02-13-2023, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi, did you ever get this problem sorted? i have an a6 c7 and looking to potentially do a conversion but cannot find a kit as such on the net.
Old 04-16-2024, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Sportastic
I have 2012 Audi A6/C7 3.0 V6 TFSI with adjustable air suspension which has just been a nightmare. After changing all 4 air bags and the relay, it took just a few months before it dropped again on all four corners. I just want this nightmare to end. I've decided to convert to coils and settled on the ST kit for my car.

The problem is ST doesn't want to sell it to me! My local dealer said the kit is not applicable to units with adjustable dampening/level control. But thats the whole point. I just want to convert to normal springs. If its just warning lights on the dash coming up after the conversion I can live with that. If theres a way to cancel those errors, I'd really appreciate the instructions.

What I'm really looking for is someone who who has a 2012-2014 A6 or A7 (C7) with the adjustable suspension who has converted to coils. Pls., pls. let me know:

1) If the ST coils will work out. Will they fit without issues? - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-suspensi...g/1321000b~st/

2) If not the ST's are there any other coilover kits that will work? What did you use?

3) Are the level controls/EDC going to be an issue after the conversion? Or is it just warning lights?

4) How to cancel/code-out the lights?

Praying someone will help end this nightmare. Thank you.
I have an S7 2013 model. Nightmare suspension. I have replaced all components and each air suspension bag. It dropped to the ground again. I am in Cancun area and techs could not solve it at the dealer. I also want to convert, just not sure what manual spring would be beefy enough to hold such a car. As for the codes, I have not done it, but was planning on removing sensors and then blocking codes from reports via a bluedriver device or one like it. Not sure that will solve it. but it should temporarily.