Suspension Tuning Discussion Discussion forum for general topics regarding suspension tuning

Control arm kits on ebay...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control arm kits on ebay...

Has anyone had any experience with them? The 12 piece kits or whatever going for three or four hundred something that claim to be improved or updated. Improved compared to what? Factory? And who makes them anyway? Is there an option to upgrade to all urathane bushings? Or should I just say !@#$ it and just buy factory.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Control arm kits on ebay...

Here is my own experience with one of them (chicagoeuropean) selling hamburg technics kit.

They inexpensive but here is what I got:
- I replaced all the control arms in January 2006.
- Now in October 2006, both the left and right side upper rear control arms are loose and need to be replaced.
- I tried to call the vendor (chicagoeuropean) several time and always got a voice mail and no answers. They say on their ebay site that the kit comes with a 2 years warranty. Bull****!!

Bottom line, I bought new lenforder control arms. They are expensive but are quality parts. According to some people Meyle parts are good but I do not have experience with them.

My advice: keep away from ebay vendors they seems to sell cheap parts and some of them play hide and seek with customers when its after sale support time. Buy from a known and reliable vendor able to honor any warranty.

From a guy who learn the hard way a lesson about trust, quality and common sense :-)

Cheers