Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some OnStar/Bluetooth/NAV info

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some OnStar/Bluetooth/NAV info

Ok I am trying to install the OEM bluetooth setup in my B6 and I want to see if I can still use Onstar. I am trying to remove my current Telematics module from under the passenger seat and the connector and replace them with the connector compatable for the Bluetooth Tel Module and the Module itself. Does anyone have any information or know where to look for information on how to go about using the same wires so that I would still use my harness already installed and the mic that is istalled and also be able to have Onstar functionality. I have looked on the navplus forum, but I need more info and I dont know where else to look. I have a good idea of how to maybe rewire the harness to use the mic but I want to know about the OnStar. Thanks For the help.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default If you remove your telematics module you will lose all onstar functions...

The telematics module is not only connected to the microphone and tel speaker, but also to the telematics control head (part with the buttons), the central locking computer, and the airbag module. The bluetooth tel module is for telephone only.

Therefore, if you pull your telematics module as you describe in your question, all your onstar functions will be lost.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thank You for the info, so you you think there is a way to disconnect just the phone...

functioinality from the telematics unit and rout it to the bluetotth tel module or some way that my telematics system can see my bluetooth module as the regular phone hooked up in the car. Almost like the bluetooth module was the "cradle" for the phone.
Thanks again very much
Old 01-28-2006, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default There is not a known way of doing this right now...

The problem is that if you disconnect the parts you need for the Bluetooth module... the tel audio and microphone, then your onstar will be useless because it will then have no audio or microphone. Currently the best guess is that you have to use one or the other. The folks working on this problem have yet to see a wiring diagram that shows both telematics and bluetooth modules in the same system.

In my opinion, there is actually a combination bluetooth & telematics module in existance, but nobody seems to be able to find the part number or if it really exists or not. I do know that such a module does exist for the MMI cars (C6 and D3) but this module will not work in other cars because it uses a completely different data network.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Ok, so If I wanted to just replace my telematics unit an loose Onstar...

functionality. Can I use the same wires as long as I have a Pin extractor tool and the correct connection for the Bluetooth unit and not have to run any more wires?
Old 01-31-2006, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes, I don't see why not. There will be many pins unused for the BT module though.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Yes, I don't see why not. There will be many pins unused for the BT module though.

hi, did you know the pinout to install a Parrot hands free bluetooth, i need the three pins, Line +, line-, and mute, for an A6 whit MMI audio system