TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

$45,000 bid for NM TT on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-1999, 08:48 AM
Brad Willis

Default $45,000 bid for NM TT on Ebay

Well, Dave yanked his Neiman Marcus TT from Ebay, but someone else now has one listed. The starting bid was $45,000, and there is a bidder at that price (sticker was $34,995). The seller's reserve has not been met, so he/she is not yet obligated to sell. What do you want to bet that the reserve is $50,000? I still think that the seller is early, as the big demand hasn't hit yet, but it will be interesting to see what the NM TT sells for. <br>
Old 05-05-1999, 09:16 AM
D. UIrich

Default Re: $45,000 bid for NM TT on Ebay

<br>I agree, definately early, I wouldn't be suprised if regular TT's are going for $45K in a month or two, let alone one as rare as the NM. Only "car guys/gals" really know about the TT right now, the "I saw one and I want one" crowd hasn't even entered the picture yet. Isn't the waiting list in Europe at least a year? Anyone think that it is going to reach that satus here? I wouldn't be suprised.
Old 05-05-1999, 01:11 PM
John Sargent

Default Re: $45,000 bid for NM TT on Ebay

cars ara available for sticker price, if you are willing to wait 30 days or so and live in Illinois.
Old 05-05-1999, 06:37 PM
SeanP

Default 2 NM TTs for sale! At STICKER!?!?

Calling around the country (to different Audi dealerships), I came across a dealership in Memphis Tennessee. Asked the guy if he had any unsold TTs. He said he had just gotten two in a day before unsold and waiting for a buyer. When I enquired about the color he said they were "a funny gray color" with an "orangish" leather interior. I told him they must be NM TTs and he didn't know what that meant (he obviously was not to informed). Anyway, I told him they were probably sold and for him to double check with his sales manager. He came back on the phone and confirmed yes, they were NM TTs and yes the were FOR SALE! When I asked the price he said 35K. Don't know if he was full of *?#@& but if anyone is interested...............(I would have jumped on it, but I don't like the colors (sorry Brad)).
Old 05-05-1999, 06:48 PM
Brad Willis

Default I'll spare everyone else the trouble of asking for the dealer's name. If you're right, those NM TTs will be gone quick (I've got a feeling that they're b.s.ing you ) nt

nt<p>
Old 05-05-1999, 06:53 PM
SeanP

Default Re: I'll spare everyone else the trouble of asking for the dealer's name. If you're right, those NM TTs will be gone quick (I've got a feeling that they're b.s.ing you ) nt

Yes, I questioned the validity. But he assured, and reassured me that they were for sale. If anyone is interested, I have the dealership name written down at work. I can post it tomorrow. But, as Brad says...........they're probably gone.
Old 05-06-1999, 04:27 AM
Jeff

Default Re: 2 NM TTs for sale! At STICKER!?!?

I doubt it -- According to AofA and N-M, dealers are not able to take N-M cars, they had to be purchased by non-AofA-affiliated individuals. According to one AofA rep, the reason it took so long to get the 100 cars 'sold' was that many of the original 100 callers were actually dealers or other affiliated people and were disqualified during the investigation process, causing AofA to then go down the waiting list to find qualified buyers.
Old 05-06-1999, 05:26 AM
cgrib

Default Re: 2 NM TTs for sale! At STICKER!?!?

On the contrary, I live in Memphis, TN and went down to look at their TTs <br>yesterday. I was shocked to see that they were NM TTs and they have three of them. I test drove one and it was very nice. The one I drove was 41/100.
Old 05-06-1999, 05:30 AM
Brad Willis

Default Okay then, I'll ask again. What is the name of the dealer? (nt)

nt
Old 05-06-1999, 08:48 AM
SeanP

Default AHA!!! I was right.(nt)

nt<br>

Quick Reply: $45,000 bid for NM TT on Ebay