TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

180 vs 225 TT - any opinions? Is it possible to test drive in Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2001, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Re: As I thought - and hoped ! Thanks for that...
Old 01-07-2001, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Re: I'm a Bay Area owner of both a 180 and a 225.....

Can't remember now who I dealt with. Initial sales was great, but at the time I singed the papers I got some annoying old-fashioned manager who tried to twist my arm for various things such as Permaplate.

As for service, my audio was spoilt forever, after I took car in 5 times for malfunctioning tape deck (3 times when they didn't have the part they promised they had). I gave up in the end since they were so bad and I thought they might make matter even worse. I learned to live with it...

Thanks for your help - I'm glad you had a good experience at least!
Old 01-08-2001, 09:52 AM

Ask for Bob Stewart - he took great care of me when I bought mine.
Old 01-08-2001, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Re: Ask for Bob Stewart - he took great care of me when I bought mine.

Thanks, I will. One other thing: What is a Bailey DV and why do you have one?
Old 03-08-2001, 07:37 AM

Default Re: 180 vs 225 TT - any opinions? Is it possible to test drive in Bay Area?

I live in the East Bay and just took delivery of a new Silver TT convertible with baseball glove interior last Sunday at Diablo Audi. It's the 225 hp quattro model with 6 speed manual fully loaded with the exception of navigation and phone. And the icing on the cake was it came with Michelin Pilot Sport tires. I could have bought the 180hp model but I knew in my heart I would not be totally satisfied with my decision. As far as which one you should buy, it all depends on your driving style and if you feel the extra hp is worth the extra money. There's no sense in spending the extra money if you're not going to ever fully utilize the extra hp. In my case, I like to drive up and down the California coast and I do occasionally like to drive "spirited" so the extra hp works for me. My sales consultant was Ernst Gosch who not only allowed me test drives in the various TT models but helped me to select the most appropriate options. The ordering process was so easy. The hardest part was waiting for the car to arrive. When the car carrier arrived at the dealer, Ernst called to inform me my silver bullet had arrived. I arranged to pick it up over the weekend. He is the most knowledgeable sales consultants I've ever met. He can tell you every specification from wheel base to fluid capacities of my vehicle and I have no doubt he can do the same with all the other Audi models. I left a very satisfied customer and will recommend this dealer to anyone in the market for a new Audi. One final note, the Sales Manager over there, Lloyd Guernsey is really one of the good guys you'll meet in the auto business. He's honest and straightforward. If you can't speak with Ernst, ask for Lloyd. I would rate my car buying experience from Diablo Audi as First Class!