TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

1st New Format Poll: Who else thinks this format stinks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2000, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rik doesn't sound paranoid to me. These cookies can be intrusive, and the

question is how much privacy do we need to sacrifice in order to control the posting of FT and a few other lunatics, including me? At sign in, the jab at the 1st Amendment makes legitmate concerns over the character of the forum sound a tad shrill. So maybe they've have gone over the top in other areas as well. I would like them to explain the kinds of security features that have been put into place.
Old 02-27-2000, 08:53 PM

Are you the 't' formerly known as 'FT'?
Old 02-28-2000, 12:29 AM

Default It's way faster for me, and I think the new features are...

...awesome. I'm sure Jason and Co. will continue to improve upon it. Also, I don't think money was much of a factor with the new software. It is completely custom done by johhannes based on what AudiWorld readers asked for. So, it's a labor of love and time; not money. I will never understand why people have a problem with registering. It's not like it's hard to do or costs money! Yep; I think it's great! :-)
Old 02-28-2000, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It works for me and is just as fast as b4
Old 02-28-2000, 05:17 AM
Cookie Monster

The log in feature isn't to protect the masses against FT, its to protect Brad's feelings
Old 02-28-2000, 05:18 AM
Elder Member

Default Did you know your state sells driver's license info to the highest bidder, ...

Did you know your city either gives away or sells your home closing info, including sale price and exact address?

Did you know that anyone on the internet can find out where you live what your phone numbers are and who your neighbors are?

I am not trying to be a smartass. I didn't know these things until I bought a house. How important is the use of cookies in a web browser?

Also, Rik and dmf, please explain to me how cookies are inherently a security risk? Assume I have set up commercial web sites before.

I applaud you for putting some security measures on your home computer. Most people don't think of it. It's a good idea. I use WinProxy to insulate my home net from outside. But to not participate in a web forum because it uses cookies escapes me.

Respectfully,

Ivan
Old 02-28-2000, 06:23 AM
Ted

Looks like a full-blown revolt to me...volume and many regulars have all but disappeared!!
Old 02-28-2000, 06:38 AM
Cliff Melick

Default I'm with you on this issue Ivan...

Besides, if you want to get rid of cookies after visiting this forum, you can. I routinely delete all cookies (except those I wish to keep), remove all newsgroup tracks, remove all push channel databases, remove all record of email activities, remove my history database, remove my URL windows list, remove caches and databases, and selected folders after each internet session with a click of my mouse (OK, a double click and a single click). Interested? Visit the URL listed below to learn more.<ul><li><a href="http://www.privsoft.com">Privacy Software Corporation</a></li></ul>
Old 02-28-2000, 07:34 AM

Default Seems like you all have a jolly nice little club here. Good luck with it. No nasty flamers,(more

...100% political correctness; no 'cowardly' anon posters (oooh they can get so nasty can't they?); probably reduced spontaneous humour postings (including irony); Brad's happy and cozy for now (and that is important). Everything seems right with the world. OR DOES IT? WHERE IS EVERYONE?

I do hope the protection of the few does not drive the rest away. Time is the revealer.
Old 02-28-2000, 08:13 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Totally Agree

Quick Reply: 1st New Format Poll: Who else thinks this format stinks?