TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

2001 Audi TT for sale! No Reserve on Ebay! 30k in Upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Way too expensive for the lame-tex.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha... rice is in his AW handle.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hahah
Old 05-04-2008, 11:22 AM

Default Re: 2001 Audi TT for sale! No Reserve on Ebay! 30k in Upgrades!

It is all about opinion on the body kit and such. I love it. As far as the trunk, there was a competition setup in there before. It was removed when I purchased the car, and that is what remains.

All the faults that some of you mention, like the clear coat and such, need to realize that I have put every imaginable thing that I could find that a non local buyer might even think about. The paint is very well done and the clearcoat isn't as bad as I stated. You can't even see it unless you are about 3 inches from the spot. The paint job was done over 4 years ago. The Audi rings on the side are painted on, not stickers.

The check engine light can be fixed. Not a big deal. The emissions stuff was taken out for more power. It can easily be put back in. Something us Florida tuner guys are lucky for is that they do not do emissions checks here.

I have the original stock bumper for the front also, but needs to be repainted if someone actually wants it with the car.

I understand that this site, people like to keep it simple as far as body work goes. But I like it and that's all that really counts. And who knows, there may be that one person on here that likes a car that is different from the otherwise stock looking cars.

I put the car with No Reserve because I just want the car to get it's fair price. I don't believe all the mods on the car will get what was paid for them. But, this is the life a true car tuner. Car right now is at a little over 14k. =) (and I am getting multiple offers of around 19k .. just waiting to see who will get the pay first)

btw, seems like this site has alot of pessimistic people on it. Kind of makes me sad. If you are a car enthusiast, you would think you would have appreciation for every type of car.

All criticism though is good criticism in my book. You live and learn from everything. With that said.
Cheers
Old 05-04-2008, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Nice wheels.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

These guys are definetly hard on body kits. I put black tails on mine and got ripped a new one...
Old 05-04-2008, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HAHAHAHA

$2k and a bag of drugs? likely.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't think it's anything personal...

true, it's a little different than most car on here, but I guess the general feeling is that it's hard to believe that you paid $30k on top of the car?

And then also some of the things you list right underneath that claim make it seem like you added those things on as modifications, such as "OEM fog lights in headlights, OEM Audi trunk spoiler, and OEM 6-disc changer." It just makes it seem like you're trying too hard to pitch the car.

But glad you're staying civil about it, e-thugs are no fun. Good luck with sale!
Old 05-04-2008, 02:33 PM

Default Grill upgrade...

That grill upgrade is the single best exterior upgrade for any MK1. What does that whole upgrade cost (bumper/grill/install)?

I like the car (with exception of the dual spoiler thing). Everyone here has an issue if you don't "drop" the car and put some 18" gun metal wheels (like every other TT).

Good luck with the sale.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default prolly 2k + for everything. check the TTshop. but i think the tt loses its unique look with that.

It might be Unique for a MK1 TT, but not for an audi. Turns it into corporate audi.

Quick Reply: 2001 Audi TT for sale! No Reserve on Ebay! 30k in Upgrades!