TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

20K service recap...service was good, got home last night an noticed that

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20K service recap...service was good, got home last night an noticed that

the dealer has thoughtfully taken a huge chip out of my rear SSR wheel. Looks the tire wheel was dropped or thrown down on the shop floor, both wheel and tire have sraps...I dunno...but I alittle steamed about this..I not going to bother to complain...theres probably no point. Ive had the wheels for a year and up until this point they have been defect free. The chip is about the size of a dime. They probably did it when they rebuilt my rear calipers...
Old 04-18-2002, 02:22 PM
Elder Member

Default don't let them get away with that!

Bring it to the Service Managers attention and make them pay for the wheel repair.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You know - you SHOULD complain - get them to replace the wheel

I'd be livid. Wheel repair isn't cheap - that's why neither of the two curb rashes I have are repaired yet!
Old 04-18-2002, 02:26 PM
Elder Member

no excuse for that, get them to fix it or replace.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:27 PM

Default I agree...but the problem is that whos to say that it wasnt like that when

I brought it in?? I know for a fact that it wasnt, because I cleaned my wheels the night before. The other thing was my regular tech wasnt in at the time and was away on training and they had some surly bastard doing the work. ALthough I would like to go down there with a club and re-enact the baby harp seal hunt...unfortunately they are the only ok dealer left that I can still go to. I am concerned that this kind of dispute might get out of hand...then I will have to drive several hours to the next dealers for service. Seems typical for AUdi service.. The chip is very deep. Its impressive that they could damage these wheels as they are very strong in build. With tax, exchange and duty they cost me about $1000 can each. Im gonna weigh up my options...but I think getting them to pay for it might be abit of a stretch. Suing them is a waste of money and time. Would cost more than cost of me fixing wheel, no point in complaining to AOA. I would say this is the final straw...but really I think I gave up on Audi along time ago...
Old 04-18-2002, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default They damaged my stock wheels, & even though I didn't complain about it right away...

They fixed the wheel. They didn't relace the tire that was gouged, but I needed new ones anyway. :^)
Old 04-18-2002, 03:00 PM

Default Re: I agree...but the problem is that whos to say that it wasnt like that when

where in Canada was the dealer?
Old 04-18-2002, 03:08 PM

Default Oakville Audi...ussually their service is great...but then again

it wasnt the usual guy who works on my car..it was some other dude...where you from?
Old 04-18-2002, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Oakville Audi...ussually their service is great...but then again

Vancouver, just got the TT one month ago. Drove an A4 for four years previous.
Old 04-18-2002, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You know it was fine when you brought it in, the dealer knows he will eventually lose - it's

really up to you. I'd go in and ask to speak to the service manager and be nice about it. I'd explaint the situation and tell them that you know for a fact and he really can't continue to lie about it. At some point it may get to where you are telling them they are calling you a liar and that you won't stand for that. Good luck

Quick Reply: 20K service recap...service was good, got home last night an noticed that