TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

225 FMIC hoses questions, please...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 225 FMIC hoses questions, please...

Did a search looking at Forge and OCT FMICs, and saw some references to them "not coming with top hoses". This confuses me... as with the FMIC you should have a hose in on the left from the top turbo pipe, and one from the right that goes up to the intake manifold, right? There is no "upper" and "lower" hoses on the FMIC, right??
And the only two hoses you need come with the FMIC kit, right???

I see that Forge includes SAMCO hoses, and OCT uses their own hoses. Any comments on quality of one versus the other? (I have the Samco intake already).

How about the clamps. Seems like if you're going to this much trouble, you want the best T-band type hose clamps you can get so you don't have to worry about them blowing off, leaking, or coming loose. What kind of clamps does each kit offer?
Trying to do all my homework before ordering.
Thx all!
Fig
Old 11-10-2003, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hey fig.....>

The hoses that come with the FMIC attach (with an aluminum coupler included) to the Stock Passenger upper hose. The drivers side attaches to the MAP sensor pipe, retaining the stock upper hose. For $200 or so it's probably a good idea to upgrade the whole system though as you can see the stock hoses "breath" under boost. On clamps, a good set of T-bar clamps all around will keep everything in place. Hose techniques offers some beauties. You'll need:

(7) # 60292-33
(1) # 60317-33 (for the throttle boddy)

And if you want to pretty up your intake side or make your TTDA look sharp

(2) # 60357-33 (for the Intake to Maf, and MAF to filter)<ul><li><a href="http://www.hosetechniques.com">http://www.hosetechniques.com</a</li></ul>