TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

5,000 mile service

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2001, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5,000 mile service

I got the car back today after taking it in yesterday for the 5k service. I had an appointment (0730) but elected to not wait for the car (since I wanted them to track down a creaky driver's seat and didn't want to rush them).

The car finally was "ready" at 1700. I could not get there in time so I went to pick it up today. The invoice shows that they could not duplicate the creaky seat, yet when the mechanic drove the car around for me to pick it up we both heard it as he got up. Apparently they did not even look at it, and I was out of my car for a day for nothing.

Worse, I get a "thank you" card asking me to rate them with a "5" rating when I get a follow-up call. Then they list some of the questions they will ask - included on the list "car washed and clean when picked up?" Nope, the interior was pretty dirty (mostly some dirt on the floormats) and I intentionally left it there since I knew they would clean the inside.

So they didn't expend any effort on finding the noise in the seat and apparently did the bare minimum on the 5k service. Yet it still took 9.5 hours.

I realize that there are worse things (especially with some of the stories this month) but this first visit did not really make a good impression on me. Am I just cranky from the heat here or is this typical?

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2001, 11:40 AM

Default Make sure you express your anger when you get that phone call!

The dealerships take those calls very seriously, they get rated by them.
Old 06-29-2001, 11:42 AM

Why did I know how your story was going to end after reading the first paragraph? Sad.
Old 06-29-2001, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wow..your service is better than average.. I promised my dealer not to give them a '4'...I have kept

my word..I have not given them any 4's. (have given them lots of 3's..but no 4's)

It is frustrating. But the car is worth it. Most fun you can have with your clothes on.

I had the poor AOA survey person on the phone for over 20 minutes venting. Not that I expect anything to happen. Just needed to vent.

Sorry to tell you it does happen. It could be worse.

Just let them have it when the survey comes. dont be shy.

Paul
Old 06-29-2001, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I have often wondered, what would 1 or 2 bad calls do to their rating? My dealer doen't seem ...

concerned. Have given them about 3 or 4 bad survey results. Called AOA twice to file complaints about the dealer.

But have not heard a peep from the dealer. No call, letter, email - nothing.

They MUST be getting the results, etc. Just dont seems worried that I will continue to do it. I figured I'd get a call to ask what could be done to satisfy me. Nadda.

Apparently a few bad reports must not throw their average off that much.

Paul
Old 06-29-2001, 12:01 PM

Default Interesting...

My dealership seems to take it very seriously. After I bought the car, I also got a thank you in the mail requesting me to give them a good rating when I get the survey call (I could rant about this all day). I gave my salesman 1 bad rating, I think the question was if he called me after I picked the car up to see if I had any problems. He didn't so I told the AOA guy this. Well to make a long story short it got back to my salesman and he was VERY upset, he went as far as asking his manager if there was a way that I could call and change my answer! Ofcourse he was not allowed to. Then after my 5k service the service manager told my "Be sure to give me a good rating when you get called! (wink.. wink..)" Fortunatily I had a very positive service so I gave him a good rating. Maybe is depends on the dealership, if the management weights the surveys more heavily.

Sorry for the winded message! I could keep going!
Old 06-29-2001, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Funny..never got a call from AOA about the Purchase from the dealer...just a few service/warranty...

surveys (either 3 or 4).

I was hoping for at minimum a call to see what is the problem.

I tried being pro-active and called AOA 2x and gave accurate survey responses. Even sent them an email. Next step is to write a letter.

Paul
Old 06-29-2001, 12:16 PM

Dont give up!
Old 06-29-2001, 12:26 PM

Default Mine could care less. I've been waiting for a call on my hyperactive alarm system for three weeks.

I want my dealer to totally disable it. I only want to be able to lock my doors in peace. I've had it adjusted three times to no avail.

Kurt
Triple Green TTRQ