TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

About the speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About the speakers

I didn't choose the bose premium sound system when i ordered the car. Now, I found the sound is a little bad. it's not clear or deep! is that because the car is too small or it's because the speaker? My friend's sedan and suv sounds good without premium sound system. I saw some BOSE speakers on sale on ebay. If I am focusing more on clarity and depth of the sound other than loudness. Should I buy the used BOSE or buy the aftermarket stuff like 'infiniti, pioneer, panasonic' or better ones like 'concept, jl'?

and how is the tt's speakers' specification? where can i find it like reponse frequency.........?
thanks a lot~
Old 04-11-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Don't have specs, but here's some pictures. You decide.

<ul><li><a href="http://www.kidology.com/grant/tt/elecmods-speaker2.htm">Click here</a></li></ul>
Old 04-12-2005, 12:10 AM

Default no way would I do the bose.

I really have not been impressed with the bose sound, and it seems to me that is a somewhat common feeling around here.

I really feel that I get good sound from my set up now. I replaced the two door speakers with Rockford Fosgate component speakers, and added an amp in the trunk. I hooked the stock sub and rear speakers up to the amp, and left the stock head unit. If I were to do anything else, the sub would be the next thing that I would replace. Other than that, I am quite pleased with the sound. I debated replacing the rear speakers but really didn't feel they were as important in the roadster. Just my thoughts.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Start with a high end 6.5 inch component set for the doors. Build from there if you want more.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Thanks, how if I install a KENWOOD KVT-915DVD hean unit?

It comes with amplification , 22w RMS, 50w PEAK, my car is coupe, no place to do a subwoofer. If i use the kenwood and buy some good speakers to replace the oem, do I still need to get another amp and subwoofer? I don't usually listen to really loud music.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I like the Bose sound>>

but I know I'm in the minority.

However, retrofitting the Bose would be more trouble than it's worth. It's not just speakers-- it's the enclosures, amps, and eq settings in the headunit.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Anyone just replaced the sub with another 2 ohm unit ?

I think Fosgate and Cerwin Vega both make dual-voicecoil, 2 ohm (nominal)units, amongst others-
Old 04-12-2005, 08:34 AM

Default since you don't have the BOSE system....

I would say go with the kenwood deck instead. You'd get better sound quality if you do a full system when compared to the BOSE system.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I will be installing an 815DVD shortly in my Roadster

But I will be amping it. I have an MTX 4 channel amp. I will be running the two Focal PolyKevlar components through the MTX amp. I am replacing the stock 8" sub with an aftermarket one and running that through the rear two channels on the MTX amp bridged. I am replacing my rear speakers with small 4" Focal Access 100CAs and just running them from the headunit.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I dunno. I kept the HU just because I didnt want to disturb the look of the dash>>

I recoded it to get rid of the BOSE equalization then added linelevel RCA output jacks connected to Monster XLNPro interconnects running back to a JLAudio 450/4 which in turn runs 2 sets of 6.5 inch MB Quart components. I found that I like the sound better without a subwoofer, although I did try that for a while too.

It sounds pretty damn good to me. Some miserably **** audiophile type(or wannabe poseur thereof) might want to rip it apart but it's mine, not theirs, and I like it the just the way it is.

Quick Reply: About the speakers