TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Accepting suggestions for inaugural SoCal TT Club meeting...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-1999, 05:17 AM
GaryKS

Default Which color on theGerman Site is the Aviator Grey?

I see several pictures of a red TT and several pictures of a medium gray and then one picture of a very light color which appears to be the silver. Am I correct in assuming that the roadster with the medium gray is THE Avaitor Grey???
Old 09-16-1999, 06:33 AM
Brad Willis

Default Nader...

Let me know if you have any specific suggestions. Also, I'd like to have your e-mail address, so you might e-mail me privately.
Old 09-16-1999, 06:36 AM
Brad Willis

Default Re: Which color on theGerman Site is the Aviator Grey?

Yes, your assumption is correct.
Old 09-16-1999, 02:44 PM
Peter D

Default Aviator Grey? or Aviator Blue?

Is it just me or does the roadster pictured on that website have a blueish tint to it? The lighting at that show is a bit curious. The silver doesn't even look like the ones that I've seen in person.
Old 09-16-1999, 04:47 PM
Noriko

Default Re: Accepting suggestions for inaugural SoCal TT Club meeting...

Orange County would be great! I'm not very familier with restaurants in that area with good parking where we can show off our babies... Perhaps somewhere in Newport or Costa Mesa? If I remember correctly, Il Fornaio in Irvine has a pretty good parking area in the front, if they can save some space for us. But I don't think we'll be able to sit right next to the cars. Somewhere that have outdoor dining area close to, or next to a good parking area would be ideal?
Old 09-16-1999, 06:27 PM
Brad Willis

Default Re: Accepting suggestions for inaugural SoCal TT Club meeting...

Noriko, I totally agree with your comments. Let me know what else you come up with.

P.S. If you haven't already done so, I would encourage you to join the SoCal TT Club by clicking on the link below, then clicking on "join"

P.S.S. Did you get your TT yet?
Old 09-16-1999, 06:31 PM
Brad Willis

Default Oops, I forgot the link...

Here it is...<ul><li><a href="http://home.san.rr.com/winefinds">SoCal TT Club</a></li></ul>
Old 09-17-1999, 05:19 AM
GaryKS

Default Re: Aviator Grey? or Aviator Blue?

Peter:

I had the same thoughts. The cars that are supposed to be Aviator Grey look to me like teal blue. The silver car at the bottom looks almost white. The German descriptions for the Roadster says one has a "green top" without any reference to the base color of the car and the other calls the silver, in the lower left corner, "arrow grey". I hope you are right and the lighting is throwing us curves. I have the Aviator Grey on order and the pictures in the brochure and on the Audi Website certainly do show a different color, more like a charcoal grey. I hope I don't have any big surprises when my car arrives in October.

Gary
Old 09-17-1999, 10:11 PM
Peter D

Gary,

We're on the same page about this one. My speculation is that this "pearl effect" is noticeable under certain lighting conditions like the one at the auto show in Frankfurt. I doubt that the Aviator Grey exterior will look like that outdoors. Even if it's not what you were expecting, isn't the deposit for the car refundable?
Old 09-18-1999, 05:09 AM
GaryKS

Peter:

The pictures posted of IAI just yesterday were far more reassuring that the color I ordered is the color I will get. There is a roadster pictured in natural light which looks very much like the Aviator Grey I selected. What's your story, do you also have an Aviator Grey on order? Yes, my deposit is refundable, but after waiting all of this time how could I even consider not taking delivery???

Gary

Quick Reply: Accepting suggestions for inaugural SoCal TT Club meeting...