TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

After market car covers. Does anyone have one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-1999, 05:46 AM
michael

Default After market car covers. Does anyone have one?

Has anyone purchased an after market cover?<br>I need one for the garage to protect from dings
Old 07-22-1999, 06:37 AM
jacqth

Default mine is from the Audi dealer (nt)

.<br>
Old 07-22-1999, 06:54 AM
SimonB

Default Re: After market car covers. Does anyone have one?

I got mine from CoverCraft (405-238-9651). They have custom covers for the TT. They have a variety of indoor and outdoor products which you can check out on their web page http://www.covercraft.com/
Old 07-22-1999, 07:31 AM
jeff Crumpacker

I came across an excellent cover for my TT. It is not custom but it fits very well. The brand name is Budge and the material is Tyvek, by Dupont (car cover size 2). I have purchased many car covers, some of which have been very expensive and custom made but there have always been things about them I didn't like. Primarily their ability to keep the interior cool and the dust off. I read about the Tyvek material and was interested enough to plop down the $49.95 cost figuring that if I don't like it I only wasted 50 bucks. <p>Well, this cover is incredible! Not only does it keep all dust off the surface better than any other cover I have owned but the first time I used it was on a 90 degree day and the car's interior was very cool when I went to drive it at about 3:30 PM. I am talking about somewhere in the 70's inside! The car sat in the sun, covered of course, all day. After removing the cover I expected the cabin to be fairly warm as has always been my experience. I was so impressed I went and bought another one for my other car with the same results.<p>The only drawback to this cover is it is as light (weight wise) as paper. As a result it can be difficult to put on the car, especially if there is any wind. I have a gel seat pad I keep in the trunk for stadium seat use and I have used it as a weight to hold it down. It also generates a lot of static electricity but this seems to exist just between the cover and the user. I have expected to get shocked when touching the car but this has not happen. Maybe I just need to wear the right shoes.<p>In any event, the cover fits the TT very well and provides better protection than any I have owned and just think, only $49.95!<p>
Old 07-22-1999, 02:35 PM
SAF

Go to www.autoxtra.net they sell the covercraft covers and show the materials available. I got mine (custom for the TT) in the Noah fabric for about $150. It fits greatThey offer a "padded" cover for your ding concerns.