TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

AHEM: Your attention please. An update on my car.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AHEM: Your attention please. An update on my car.

This is a short version. If you want me to post the whole dialog then let me know and I will do so.

Well I had a long dicsussion with the Regional Rep and the Service Manager before I handed the car over to them. The Regional Rep totally lied out of his A$$ about how many times the car was brought in for the same problem, that's why I brought a witness. In our conversation the Regional Rep stated "well anything is fixable". To which I said its your last attempt and what happens if you can't fix it this time. He stated "Then you get you a new car". In any case I told the both of them that I was going to be out of the country for an "X" amount of time, that they are more then welcome to keep the car and try to fix it. So when I got back on Friday the 22nd, I called the dealership and said "Its Vishal, is my car ready to be picked up?". Dealership: "Ahh we thought you were going to be out until next week". Me: "ARE you saying the car isn't ready?". Dealership: "No no its ready you can come pick it up".

So this is what was done to the car on official 4th and last attempt.

Change Dual Mass Flywhell

Replace Haldex Unit.

So after complaining since October my car is finally fixed. No more vibrationsssss, the car has a very pleasent fell to it now. I showed the paperwork to Larry, he went over it and questioned why they replaced both the Haldex and the Flywheel. I told Larry that the Regional Manager probably didn't want to take a chance of giving me a new car, hence he ordered both parts. That they would have been screwed if it wasn't the flywheel and instead the Haldex. But honeslty I still believe it was just the Flywheel.

I got a call from the dealership today and was asked how the car was. To which I said the car is fine but I do have two complaints, 1) You didn't fill up the gas that you used to test drive the car, that there was no gas in it and 2) The engine compartment is filthy with oil spots all over the engine cover, etc. The response from the SM was "Come in next time and we'll fill up the car and do a through cleaning of it as well". Whatever the case, I had go through all this non-sense to point out something that AUDI had a fix for. So today my car drives just like the brand new TT I test drove with the Regional Rep. Now if only they could pay me back for all the hair I've lost during this ordeal, I was thinking $1000 per hair :-D. I'll scan and post the service records for their last attempt. OHH they also replaced my Cluster because my guage was all Fuc***d up and I had the Oil Pressure Low light come on twice.

During all this I never heard back from anyone in Detriot, that's where I sent my official notification to AUDI regarding the issues with my car. Go Figure????
Old 03-25-2002, 12:06 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vish, I'm so happy this ordeal is over and that

you have a car that is the way it should be....this is good news.
Old 03-25-2002, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Your cluster isn't the cause of the engine oil low pressure warning - it's the coolant temp sensor..

and you ask - coolant temp sensor? Yes - it shares a common ground with the oil pressure sender and when it goes bad you get the low oil pressure warning. I know and so does Jenner. Your coolant temp sensor is going - another thing to have to deal with........ Glad the car doesn't vibrate though!
Old 03-25-2002, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Why thank you Mom :-D. No comment on the hair loss idea?? Hee hee
Old 03-25-2002, 12:11 PM

Default Really happy to hear that they FINALLY took care of the flywheel! Sheesh! What is wrong with these

people? I hope that's it and your baby is totally fixed, Vish! I'm glad you're back 'cuz I missed ya!

How is everyone?
Old 03-25-2002, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Joe. I know about this. The sad thing is everytime I explain to them that others have had issues..

like this and that the fix was xxxxxx I get these looks like "WTF". Bascially they tested it and found an issue with that. The SM exact words "We feel that the cluster was causing the low oil pressure errors along with the false fuel guage readings". I they listed to everything I had to say I wouldn't have to go through all this stuff. But I suppose they have their guidelines they need to follow as well. Guess I'll bring it back in if it comes on again.
Old 03-25-2002, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default DOOOOOOOOD, now we must go to the car show...

to pic out your next car!!!
Old 03-25-2002, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks Gina. I am a happy customer once again. I missed you and everybody else as well.

How is the new baby? Its the color I would have gotten if they would have offered me a new car.
Old 03-25-2002, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes! Yes! We must, I am totally for it.
Old 03-25-2002, 12:21 PM
Elder Member

Default C'mon you guys. Join Larry and I on Saturday, April 6.

Hey Vish, tell RoberTTo I'm harmless. I think he's scared to meet me .... LOL.

Quick Reply: AHEM: Your attention please. An update on my car.