TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

All first edition 2001 Coupes to be loaded...no exceptions!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2000, 02:46 PM
Steve Picerne

Default All first edition 2001 Coupes to be loaded...no exceptions!!

I got a call from the salesman at the dealership today telling me that he finally got the allotments and that my order has gone forth. He also said that he had just learned that all of the first edition 2001 Coupes will have all of the options without exception. I didn't want the phone or the 6 disc changer. But if I want the car I put my deposit down for, I have to take it as is. I called Audi Customer Relations and spoke to Amanda. She confirmed what the dealership told me. She said that the dealerships can order the car without all options, but that they will be coming later. I neglected to ask how much later. Does anyone have info about this matter?

Also, she said that all 2001 models will have ESP irrespective of when they are built. This is not new to this forum and I am aware of the personal correspondence Brad has received to the contrary. I specifically asked her about the Week 18 situation. She stated that there are 2001 TT models currently being produced for the US and that they are already putting ESP on them.

At least I know my car is finally ordered.
Old 02-15-2000, 02:48 PM
I Forgot the 225Q part......

Re: All first edition 225Q 2001 Coupes to be loaded...no exceptions!!
Old 02-15-2000, 03:00 PM
Flick

Default I believe your dealer is lying to you...

But what reason would she have to lie? It really makes no sense at all.

Frankly I think your dealer is either
a) woefully misinformed
b) trying to screw you into buying a more expensive car than you're interested in
c) working at a dealer which has such a poor record with Audi that it's getting the short end of the stick.
or d) is making excuses for ordering the cars to the dealers' spec instead of yours.

If the wait wasn't so darn long, I'd look for another dealer!!!
Old 02-15-2000, 03:06 PM
John P.

Default Here's what I've heard

I ordered my 225 in December (first batch, #2 on list, etc.). I specified no Bose, no Phone, no Navigation System with the full cooperation of my dealer. I think "Dr. Lane" (a forum participant) mentioned back then that his dealer told him that all 225s would be fully equipped, too. Accordingly, sometime in January I asked my dealer about it. They said that my car will have only the options I ordered. I spoke to Audi USA and they said they were unaware of cars being sent with all options.
Recently, Dr. Lane mentioned that his dealer told him that they could've ordered his car with select options IF he'd given them a gigantic, non-refundable deposit. So much for that.
I think most dealers sandbag early buyers, waiting list or showroom, since it makes financial sense (they make a good chunk of change on those options). Regardless, how can one explain what the Audi Customer Relations Rep. told you?
My experience has been that Audi Customer Relations folks are not always well informed.
Time will tell.
-John P.
Old 02-15-2000, 04:01 PM
phred

Default Why is anyone suprised at this?

Honda is marking up S2000s, BMW is marking up X5s, why shouldn't we expect Audi to mark up and load up its most popular model? I know I know, people are going to say this will hurt their reputation long-term, but people don't think long-term anymore. Execs at Audi are being graded quarter by quarter based on profits and sales - and salespeople and their management are under the same microscope.

If you want the car badly enough to be first in line, you pay the price.
Old 02-15-2000, 06:46 PM
DogsInSpace

Default Hmmmmmm.........................

My dealer (Audi of Bernardsville) called Feb 10 to say he had his first allocation (March build, May-June delivery) and ran down the (short) list of options and colors available. I could take all, none, or anything in-between. Still deciding on color.
Old 02-15-2000, 08:54 PM
evan

Anyone know what defines a "first edition" 2001? Something doesn't sound right here.
Old 02-15-2000, 09:01 PM
Brad Willis

I believe that it means no ESP, i.e. build date prior to week 18.
Old 02-15-2000, 09:06 PM
evan

thanks brad!
Old 02-16-2000, 04:58 AM
Apostate

Default Same with Lexus RX300

My father-in-law wanted Lexus RX300. We went to couple of dealers in the area and both said AWD version came fully loaded. If he wanted to TAKE OUT options, he had to special order which could take 3-4 months. Both dealers seem honest. They both said it was because of the popularity of RX300. It's seller's market.

Quick Reply: All first edition 2001 Coupes to be loaded...no exceptions!!