TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

AMS just called...apperently we warped the StopTechs after only 3 weeks with them!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMS just called...apperently we warped the StopTechs after only 3 weeks with them!!!

originally thought it was residue from overheated and melting pads that left uneven deposits on the rotors(thats what AMS said)...now its taken them since monday just to figure out that they are warped....needless to say my dad isn't very happy with them right now.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:43 PM
gtt
AudiWorld Super User

keep us posted...that sucks!
Old 02-28-2002, 02:51 PM

Default Does AMS work professionally, any comments

I was considering getting the ABT chip but hoe reliable is AMS in their service
Old 02-28-2002, 02:56 PM

Default well everything that we had done has worked out really well until the brakes...

Everything for the TT has been installed and maintained by them..the shop is near my dads office..chip was first with a very very noticable improvement in power and powerband smoothness.
I can't say if it was their install or just that we outdrove the stoptechs that cause them to warp.
They seem to have a certain way they like to do things and don't like to very too much(i.e. really just wanting to use their Castrol brake fluid when we wanted the motul) But they do a good job besides their $75 hr labor fees and the excess time the bill for the work. We are just not very happy cause this setup was suppossed to be able to handle pretty much anything we through at it..so they said..but that hasn't held very true.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

What did you do to warp them? What pads are you using with them?
Old 02-28-2002, 03:27 PM

Default We were using the pads that came with them......

planned on swapping to track pads but weren't going to just yet cause we had just broken in the brakes and wanted to give them some time.
We were tracking the car at Buttonwillow with speedtrialusa. I was running in C group and my dad was running in A so that the car would at least have time to cool between runs. Both of us drive the car very hard(i.e. there was an evo 6 that I pulled away from in my group mainly by out braking him..they have 4 pot front and 3 pot rear brembos..they just weren't usingt hem to full potential and I wasn't passed by one car the entire event)
We lost a little feel as the day warmed up at the end of each run but everything seemed fine until we got on the freeway heading back home. We were thinking/hoping it was a combination of our trashed SO3's in the front and maybe some destroyed pads since they were the track pads that was making the shake. Guess it was worse.

could not runningt he track pads cause the rotors to warp?..it seems like it would only destroy the pads...if the rotors warped with these pads then wouldn't it only be worse once you started using race pads that required higher temps just to operate correctly?