TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Another indication the TT can benefit from larger/more free-flowing exhaust (more)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-1999, 05:06 AM
mne

Default Another indication the TT can benefit from larger/more free-flowing exhaust (more)

Every time I turn down the .2 mile road to my complex, I punch the TT at a fire hydrant, just as I'm starting to straighten out the wheel and let off it at a sign that is the ID sign and (turn in here) for the complex I live in. With exhaust alone (stock chip) the car always did right at 72mph. With the exhaust it does 76mph today. This is a run I have made countless times since I've owned the TT. But the REALLY noticeable thing is that now when I pull into the garage after that run, the cooling fan never comes on any more. There was not ONE time pre-exhaust that damn fan didnt turn on as I turned the car off and removed the key... EVER... not ONE damn time. Now chipped or unchipped it is not getting hot enuf on that last run before shutting down in 30 seconds post-run that it requires the fan to turn on. And it isnt that its just getting cooler out. Denver has had mid 70 degree weather for the last three weeks. Even when it was cooler out (mid 30's to high 40's pre-exhaust) the fan would ALWAYS turn on when I would turn the ignition off.

Just a little FYI
Old 11-19-1999, 05:49 AM
mne

sorry for the repeat... I musta gotten happy fingers (nt)
Old 11-19-1999, 06:04 AM
JMaTT

Default I was going to question you about outside temp, but I see you eliminated that too. Good post (nt)

nt