TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Any interest in a matching license plate surround?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-1999, 09:53 AM
Jon Roberto

Default Sign me up (nt)

NT
Old 07-16-1999, 10:09 AM
MichaelW

Default Re: Any interest in a matching license plate surround?

Yes, I would be interested. And I seem to recall someone posting a picture of a prototype several weeks ago that looked great.
Old 07-16-1999, 10:57 AM
Dave Cooksey

Default Frame to match fule cap ring

I thought someone was making a frame to match the ring around the fule cap complete with alen screws.<br>Anyway I would be interested in any frame that matches the TT disgin<br>Post some pictures please.
Old 07-16-1999, 12:02 PM
SAF

Default Re: Frame to match fule cap ring

I remember that too, but never heard any more about it. I ran that idea past my friend, but for a variety of reasons, one of which was cost to make, I opted for the simpler design. I didn't want it to look too "busy", or bulky. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all the responses!
Old 07-16-1999, 02:13 PM
LouisE

Default Re: Any interest in a matching license plate surround?

Sure.<p>LouisE
Old 07-16-1999, 05:17 PM
Jeff

Yeah Baby!!! (nt)
Old 07-16-1999, 07:40 PM
Rik

Default IF it looks like those tacky "chain" frame holders forget it, I goota see it first .

Rik
Old 07-16-1999, 09:12 PM
Rik

Default I have a more Important idea (IMHO) & will pay this guy to make it. What about a....

What about a remachining the infamous Brace that rubs your R leg with a shape that will "cup" & hold the leg more naturally? It would still be ok with thecar's circle theme- It's that the one comfort modifications I would make . Do the same thing to the other side except make the semicircle a full circle for an accessible cup holder.<br>Pix to follow.<br>Rik
Old 07-16-1999, 10:29 PM
rik

Default Ok, my art stinks, but you get the idea.... Comments about the idea?

<br>Nt
Old 07-17-1999, 05:59 AM
Denny

Default Re: I have a more Important idea (IMHO) & will pay this guy to make it. What about a....

Rik, Just a question. Aren't these braces integral to the structure, and not just a design element? Would changing the shape effect the stability of the car? I think your art is fabulous and your idea looks very good. See you on August 14. Den

Quick Reply: Any interest in a matching license plate surround?