TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Are any questions stupid? I hope not because I have a few.... (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are any questions stupid? I hope not because I have a few.... (kinda long)

1 - Do I have to have the N75 to have a boost machine, or is it another mod that I will just want to get to maximize the performance of the stage 3 MTS (Modschack TTuning Systems) that I will be getting.

2 - Regarding the N75, I noticed on one site they have the N75J and the N75K - which one do I want and why?

3 - I am thinking of doing everything at once:
MTS Stage 3 + booste gauge in drivers side vent.
N75 if I need to or you guys suggest that I should.
Plugs, Wires, Coil packs (Not sure what to get regarding plugs, wires and coilpacks - suggestions?).

4 - Last stupid question ok - I am going to be doing my timing belt, water pump, tensioner and serpentine belt soon as well, should I do the performance mods with all that, do it first or after?

I am thinking that I should do everything at one time, but will the car run after all those changes at once? Can the computer understand all that?

Your help in scheduling all of this for me and my little buddy (Uneek TT) would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:01 AM
Elder Member

Default nope.

1. you already have the stock OEM N75 in...use that with the boost machine.
2. see #1
3. stage III? don't know about that. boost gauge, yes. do that.
4. doesn't matter when you do the the mods in relation to the timing belt. but if you do a pulley, do it when you change the timing belt, since you're already messing with that general area.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:06 AM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think he is refering to Modshack stage III.....>>>>

which utilizes the stock N75, so you do not need a new N75.

You do not need new plugs and coilpacks either...
Old 02-03-2005, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The more "prudent" method would be to sequence things

I would install items one at a time or perhaps group items that really go together, like the TTDA and ****.

If you do everything at once you risk NOT KNOWING what a particular problem is. You'll also have a lot of things torn apart and risk losing fasteners and/or mixing some up that don;t belong.

The Interior work (Boost gauge) should be done standalone because you want to keep everything clean

The Timing Belt should be done Last (IMHO), That's a huge job not to be taken on unless you have some serious mechanical skills.

It is sometimes hard to do becauswe we're eager to perform the "big bang" change, however it's mush smarter to install changes one at a time. If not, you have NO idea which change causes a potential issue. Too much change at once is a bad thing.

Just my .02
Old 02-03-2005, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes I was refering to Modshack stage III....
Old 02-03-2005, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thank you - Thank you

I think I will do it in steps.

First will be my MTS stage 3 - Yes I just like how that sounds - "Modschack Tuning System"

Then will be the timing belt and stuff.

Thanks agian!
Old 02-03-2005, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Slow down a bit, Adam

You've barely stepped upon the slippery slope. Get your car out to the track, you'll find a weak link, then correct it. Bring it back to the track, you'll find another one. Believe me, even the most heavily tuned cars have another project in the works. Hope to see you at Grattan.
Ken