TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Any recommendations for service in SF Bay area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-1999, 09:49 AM
expecting

Default Any recommendations for service in SF Bay area?

We are expecting in November and curious to hear service experiences (good and bad) at Audi dealers in the SF Bay area...the deal is already done at MSRP, so that is no longer an issue. Who is best for service... Sonnen?, Rector?, Royal? etc.
thanks in advance.

waiting for the call in SF
Old 09-29-1999, 10:59 AM
DonM

Default Re: Any recommendations for service in SF Bay area?

I've had very good interaction with Sonnen thus far. I have 6400 miles on my TT and have had it in 3 times for service (5000 plus a couple of small things.) They even got me in late on a Saturday when I thought I had a problem early on...

I will be going back for a hatch upgrade/fix -- so we'll see how they handle that...
Old 09-29-1999, 10:52 PM
johnkrls

I got my TT from Carlsen in Palo Alto. Excellent sales people - got my car MSRP - and good service department. Today though, I got my 10,000m oil change at Rector - closer to my home than Carlsen - and got to say that their service people are extremely friendly and courteous. Better and bigger service area too. Originally, tried to buy TT from them but were selling about 10,000 over MSRP so went to Carlsen instead.
So, I'll be doing my shopping at Carlsen and servicing at Rector from now on.
Take care,
John K.
Old 09-30-1999, 07:40 AM
expecting

Good news re: Rector. They are closer to my office as well. I received MSRP at Sonnen, but that is a bit of a drive from SF for 'routine' service. BTW, Rector is now down to only $2500 over MSRP as of last week when I spoke to salesman...
Old 09-30-1999, 08:49 PM
johnkrls

Default Bay area rally...

Do let me know if you're interested for a Bay area TT rally. Another Yahoo! TT club member and myself are planning one around the end of this year - so everyone who's on a list get their TTs and can attend. Anyway, we're thinking around Marin but other options will be discussed too. We'll announce it in both this forum and Yahoo! TT club.
Take care,
John K.