TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Any revo'd "Screechers" in the phoenix area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any revo'd "Screechers" in the phoenix area?

I had contacted 20 valve tuners in Tempe since they are my closest revo dealer about the screeching turbo. I contaced a few other close by dealers as well and none of them have ever had a TT they revo'd screech.

According to revotechnik, the screeching cars are a small minority... a virtual handfull compared to all the revo'd TTs out there. They told 20vt that the issue was a mechanical problem of some sorts with the car that the chip as made more evident, and the problem is not directly related to Revo but would happen regardless of what chip we used.

20vt wanted me to bring my car in so they could help track down whatever this mechanical issue is and repair it, but since I am now unemployed and they are still over 400 miles away from me... its not exactly feasable for me to do so.

So if anyone here has screeching in the phoenix area or state of AZ. perhaps you could substitute your car for mine? I'm thinking whatever this issue is, its probably common across the board. It would be a chance to finally end this hopefully.

Neither 20vt nor revo stated how serious this problem might be or if I should go back to stock for now. I emailed them back to ask.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:12 AM

I thought only chips from APR had the ocassional bug? Hmmmm.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default does is occur in stock mode also? if so, I'd seriously have the dealer look at it...

any "unusual" turbo noises are not good...means something is rubbing. That'll may eventually lead to some sort of break down.

Your other option is to stay chip, blow the turbo, swith chip back to stock, go to dealer, get new turbo. If I you were, I wouldn't install the you intake hose quite yet, or anything the dealer could blame the problem on.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

no it doesnt happen in stock mode, only chipped
Old 03-10-2004, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Listen to this sound clip that I recorded from my car...... same screeching?

http://www-scf.usc.edu/~huoh/day/honk4.wav

If so, I REALLY want to figure out what it is!!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

hmmm... no thats different from what I have? perhaps I should make my own WAV?
Old 03-10-2004, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yes... make a recording. I am REALLY frustrated here......

I've had numerous people look at the car, but they can't figure out what's wrong. The sound started as soon as I got chipped through APR. The dealership is useless because it still only makes the sound in chipped mode. It only VERY OCCASIONALLY makes the sound in stock mode.... and it is nowhere near as loud. Mechanic couldn't find any leaks. I swapped to a new 710N DV valve.... and then a Forge DVR valve. Still makes this noise. Killing me. It is LOUD.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

that is creepy! Not the same screech mine makes though
Old 03-10-2004, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default phil... listen to my screeching in my new post above

see if its the same
Old 03-10-2004, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default IronMike - sounds like a dv to me

my older Forge did that...

And Dani - I have to say I couldn't really hear anything in your car I don't hear in mine when it's cold. Once I swaped the Samco in, my DV got louder under hard acceleration but not when it's really hot. I explain it as changes from the different intake hose, either more+better flow (I hope) and/or just different flow path by the dv port.

Quick Reply: Any revo'd "Screechers" in the phoenix area?