TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Any1 have pics of a TT with 18" MM cello wheels??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any1 have pics of a TT with 18" MM cello wheels??

Couldn't find any except the tirerack picture. Any pics are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 07-22-2002, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any1 have pics of a TT with 18" MM cello wheels??

I will in about a week. I'm out of town until next Monday, then sometime next Mon-Wed, I should be picking up my new Moro Blue 225 TTC (been waiting veeeerrry impatiently). For those who have been asking about pricing, I got about $1050 over invoice-- I didn't spend much time in the negotiation, and probably could have squeezed out a little more (times are tough in car sales at the moment), but honestly I'd rather build a good long-term relationship with the dealership than spend a lot of time to eke out the last couple of hundred bucks, and they had exactly what I wanted on the boat on it's way over here. From the dealer I'll be driving straight to my local tire/wheel shop, trading in the stock rubber, and picking up a set of 18" MM Cellos and 235/40-18 Bridgestone Potenza S-03s, keeping the stock Audi wheels to throw some Vredenstein winter tires onto in a few months.

Honestly, I would have gotten Superleggeras for the weight difference, but in 2 years when my TT gets off lease and I want to mod it, I'll probably swap out then.

By the by, I was going to buy the new shoes from Tire Rack (good prices, good reputation), but parts of their website (wheel/tire chooser, etc) don't work with the current version of Netscape (6.23), or Mozilla, or Omniweb, and my company has banned Microsoft Internet Explorer for being a serious security risk (it's buggy as hell...) After two notes to the Tire Rack webmaster and a followup to sales and customer support over the course of several weeks asking them what was up, with no (nada, zip) response from anyone, I decided to pay a (very) few bucks more and support my local shop, which they appreciated.

Regards, and impatiently waiting for my TT,

--Richard