TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Anyone *not* get a loaner from dealer when TT in for warranty service?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 04:03 PM
rbl
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone *not* get a loaner from dealer when TT in for warranty service?

Rector (Burlingame, Ca) said no, I had to find a rental on my own. I thought it was a given, but guess not.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

depends on dealers. when u don't get a loaner, AoA *might* compensate/credit portion of your payment
Old 08-05-2004, 04:13 PM

if its in for more than 24 hours you *should* get one
Old 08-05-2004, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Anyone *not* get a loaner from dealer when TT in for warranty service?

I have never gotten a loaner from the local dealer. Transportation is the shuttle bus leaving for downtown at 9am...lol
Old 08-05-2004, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If I asked ahead of time, never had a problem

They either put me in a A4 or enterprise rental at their expense. That's at Carlsen though
Old 08-05-2004, 06:45 PM

Default Used to always get one

new rules at dealership are that you only get one for scheduled maintenece or when they have to keep car overnight.... big bummer.

One of the factors that made me choose Audi was automatic loaner program- guess it is just another excuse to get a 911 <g>
Old 08-05-2004, 11:06 PM

Default Have only been given a rental, and was told that the TT only qualifies for economy compact POS, so

had to pay for upgrade plus taxes etc.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:27 AM

Default Loaner audis are based on the customer satisfaction rating of service

If you respond that you aren't satisfied w/service they receive lesser # of loaners from Audiusa...so go to the service director and let them know how to rectify any problems, their job is to kiss...until you are satified, then your dealer will get more loaners to give out.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Pretty much always, especially for warranty work. I got a 04 Jetta today.

I had to bring my car back today because they still can't figure out the problem even though they "fixed" it. Monday they gave me a Kia Amanti!
Old 08-06-2004, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default It's based on the dealer. GMC only gives loaners on the 2nd day of warranty work.

Technically, GMC offers loaners for any work that takes more than 24 hours. However, they don't know how long it will take until they diagnose it, so you never get one when you drop it off. Even when they KNOW they're backed up and won't see the car until the next day. When my Yukon was under warranty, I would make an appointment, show up at the appointed time, be told they wouldn't see it until the next day, and/or the part was backordered and I STILL couldn't get a rental until the 2nd day. GRRRR.

I've never had an Audi dealer deny me a loaner for warranty work.

Individual dealerships make their own loaner decisions based on their marketing strategy. Advantage Audi in Houston used to offer A6 2.7T's as their loaners. Then they switched to cheap rentals (Corollas), and now they used Land Rover Freelanders. Well, I haven't been in since they changed ownership, so they may have changed yet again.

Quick Reply: Anyone *not* get a loaner from dealer when TT in for warranty service?