TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Anyone have experience with Dependable Auto Shippers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2000, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with Dependable Auto Shippers?

The person in San Francisco who is buying my SLK is either going to use Horseless Carriage or Dependable Auto Shippers (http://www.dasautoshippers.com/). I've heard good things about Horseless Carriage, but don't know much about any of the others. DAS's 30 day delivery policy doesn't warm my heart, if you know what I mean. This SLK has been pampered to an extreme level, and I'd hate to see it harmed on a cross country journey. Anyone with experience with Dependable Auto Shippers?
Old 09-27-2000, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No experience with them, but their quote for transporting my A4 and TT was 20% higher than H.C.

I picked Horseless Carriage because of their reputation and because their quote was actually the lowest.

For transport from Richmond, VA to Ft. Myers,FL, Horseless Carriage quoted $834 for one car, $1577 for two. DAS quoted $1095 for one car only. Intercity Lines quoted $800 for each vehicle.

To be honest, though, I have no direct experience with any of the companies, but if H.C. is as good as everyone says it is, I could not find a compelling reason to go with DAS.

There is a message a few pages down, though, with a complaint about Horseless Carriage.

Rick.