TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

AOA voided my waranty!!! (like the dealer going over 50K didn't do that already)...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AOA voided my waranty!!! (like the dealer going over 50K didn't do that already)...

AOA has now decided to play hardball on diagnosing my engine misfire - they will not touch the car anymore... hmmm... as they have been looking into the problem for the past week and a half, I was not expecting them to find out what the problem was anyway as they appear to not have a clue (as in the problem or anything else for that matter)...

I have a hard time believing that an exhaust that has been on the car for two years can cause a problem only in the last 4 months... If they are going to stick to the exhaust as being the "cause" as they are saying now, I have no doubt that any further attempts by AOA/dealer to resolve the problem will be a futile effort...

BTW, my dealer is on my side - the tech has said flat out that the exhaust is not the problem, but AOA has put a stop to all further work....

I guess this will be my one and only Audi purchase - love the car, but way too many problems to make it worth keeping and/or buying another....
Old 03-04-2003, 05:26 PM

Just switch to an 18 year bimmer like me ;-)
Old 03-04-2003, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

wow, and the exhaust is the only mod you have? maybe try another dealer?
Old 03-04-2003, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Have you thought about changing the coil packs and see if it fixes it?

How about the engine ecu?
Old 03-04-2003, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default What kind of exhaust do you have?

That really is a bummer. I assume that they notified you of this in writing. It might be interesting if you could scan the letter and post a link to it. Some people here may like to give AOA some feedback.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ouch! Sorry to hear this Ted.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:14 PM

Default I have the original Forge/Milltek... the claim is that the "Low" back-pressure is causing....

the errors in the intake temperature and thus running too rich, thus the carbon fouling... smell like they have no clue and are making excuses.....
Old 03-04-2003, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ted - you're getting the shaft .....

sucks. You still have the stock exhaust? If you do - put it back on go somewhere else and see what happens. You may also want to try some of this
Lubromoly Fuel additive ventil sauber (valve cleaner) - 150ml from ND. If there is any carbon build up it should help. I think you have some type of ignition problem either coil pack or plug wire or something. No way an exhaust can cause this.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Have to agree...

I have had the Milltek exhaust for more than a year and also the high flow cats and have not had any problems at all. Something else is wrong somewhere would be my guess.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default log A/F ratio, maf flow rate, injector time, intake temp....

Compare the above to other people's data.

Also if it's running ritch it's possible there may be something wrong with one of the O2 sensors or the wiring/connector leading to them. Have someone check those things.

Quick Reply: AOA voided my waranty!!! (like the dealer going over 50K didn't do that already)...