TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

APR Releases the R1 Diverter Valve!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it's not about shifting speed, it's about off/on throttle response

but that's just my priority and my stock has been fine for 6 years. btw as you know the 180 dv is different (and less robust) from the 710n on the 225. btw i really don't give a **** how long you've been around the 1.8t... doesn't mean you know what fast around the course.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default and you can make any claim you want but have no real evidence to back it up

I mentioned shifting because MOST off throttle response happens when shifting.

As for "faster around the course" - that's solely up to the driver - and if you think it's related to the DV - well there isn't much more I can say on this topic......
Old 05-23-2007, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default evidence for what? i was just saying what i prefer

i guess you want me to swing around my internet caulk. yes, i've been c/sp champ for the past two years while maintaining top ten raw times out of hundreds of well prepped cars (some on a national level) and i can assure you that car is quicker with the oem valve. i honestly don't care what dv anyone uses, just letting them know what my free opinion was (this is a forum right?). and i guess since it's never torn on me it does actually matter how quick it is doesn't it?

and it's soley the driver? hmmm so an old cadillac deville would be faster in a pro hands than a lotus in an amateurs hands? equipment does matter some believe it or not.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default evidence that the valve is actually operating faster. Just because the car is faster

isn't really any evidence that the valve is functioning faster. If you are loosing boost, you will have less power and be slower - regardless of how "fast" the valve is operating.

If you want to use ridiculous comparisons of two vastly different cars to make a point - go right ahead. The simple fact is that a small component that is functioning correctly isn't going to make that much difference in terms of lap times. Given the same equipment or similar - the driver is going to make the difference.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default small component?

when you're fighting for thousands of a second everything is huge. 1psi of air in your tires, 1 degree of camber, 1psi of boost, 1 more degree of warmth from the sun. it all makes huge different. let's put it this way, if you're fighting for thousands (and i often am) and one valve open/closes thousands faster than another it's going to make a difference. obviously this is all trivial on the street but for me on sunday i'm fighting for bragging rights, or some little dinky MDF plaque to make my OCD seem normal lol.

bottom line for me on back to back runs with a piston, oem reacts quicker and that helps me. and i'll say it for the THIRD time now, i'm not loosing boost and never have, some have but some have also had pistons stick if it's not maintained or if an o-ring wears out. so there's nothing 100% reliable.