TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

ARGHHH!!! I HATE NJ STATE TROOPERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ARGHHH!!! I HATE NJ STATE TROOPERS!!

So, I had my court date today for my 2 tickets, reckless driving and speeding 86 in a 65. The prosecutor knows me since I am in diapers, and the judge was my brother's friend's father. Well, where was the holdup? The Cop insisted that I receive a large number of points. I have never received a speeding ticket before. I have no points on my license. The prosecutor and the judge both agreed to 2 points careless driving. All else dropped. But the ******* cop refused to do so. Not to mention that HE WASN'T even there!! He called twice on the phone instead. This guy has a hardon for giving me a ticket. Anyway my 2 attorneys think that I can beat this. This cop's career will suffer. I am filing against him. He even noted that I gave him 2 PBA cards to show that I am an upstanding citizen with respect for law enforcement. Anyway, I am requesting the recording and videotape from his patrol car. I am GOING to prove that he lied in his transcript/statement. If I only had a stage 3 I would've given him the finger and took off. Oh dreams how grand they are. Now I have to show up again to appear in court and I have to take the stand. I am half thinking that he did this because I have an Arabic sounding last name. I am inclined to call the ACLU. I want something in this guys record. Of course he didn't pull over the 4 black kids in a lexus sc400 (with gold package of course) who almost sideswiped me causing me to swerve then pull away. Really gets to you.
Old 05-13-2002, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol... 5"O" aside....maybe if you tried being alittle friendlier to the pr@ck you might have got off
Old 05-13-2002, 06:15 PM

Default Oh trust me I was really nice to him. I understand that they have a really tough job, my uncle is

On Brooklyn South Task Force, and my father's friend does drug enforcement. I have a ton of respect for cops in general. He treated me however like an animal, like someone who just knocked over a convinience store and then ran down someones grandmother. That's why I want the tapes. They will show how he acted, and how I did.
Old 05-13-2002, 06:20 PM

I have no fear, my attorneys will have this guy for breakfast.
Old 05-13-2002, 06:23 PM

yeah some of them get abit power trippy, best just to crank the detector on high and avoid em'
Old 05-13-2002, 07:39 PM

Default In NJ, if you show up with a lawyer and the cop doesn't appear, prosecutor will usually cut

you a much better deal. It sounds like you were there without a lawyer. The cop definently had it for you by giving you 5 point reckless on top of the speeding. Usually than can be plead to 97-2 violation which carries no points.
Old 05-13-2002, 07:52 PM

Default Re: ARGHHH!!! I HATE NJ STATE TROOPERS!!

I have the same problem going on right now with me as I was supposedly doing 125 mph in my TT. He says he got me on pace which is bull cuz pace only goes to 80 mph. Anyway he was a rude power trip nj cop like 80% of the nj cops around here. I'm fighting it in court and its been going on now for 6 months. Fight yours cuz most likely he wont take the stand and take a chance to purger himself in court. My nj piggy hasn't shown up yet and one more time and its dismissed. This will probably be the same with u, he can't call in and give any judgement to you, so don't let the prosecuter mess with you and tell you different. I'm not saying all cops are bad here but 80% of the cops in NJ are ball busting losers that got beat up in high school and have serious attitude problems no matter how nice you are to them. Just fight em all the way and don't settle cause the piece of garbage won't show ....trust me, alot of these racist trash cops around here lie but when it comes down to it they nerd out when its time to chirp...good luck
Old 05-13-2002, 09:36 PM

Whats a PBA card?
Old 05-14-2002, 03:43 AM

Patrolmen's Benevolent Association
Old 05-14-2002, 04:31 AM

Default "Patrolmen's Benevolent Association" aka their union.

I believe you need to make a donation to get the cards. Sometimes these are called "get out of ticket free" cards.

Quick Reply: ARGHHH!!! I HATE NJ STATE TROOPERS!!