TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Arrgg!! Rear ended...anything to watch out for?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arrgg!! Rear ended...anything to watch out for?

Ack!! 2002 225TT Coupe was rear ended on freeway yesterday, at only 5K miles. The perpetrator seemed to have skidded nose down almost under my bumper. The damage appears slight, I'm glad to say, with broken insert around left exhaust, bent and scratched lower bumper and inside-out dimple on right bumper below rear tail light.
A friend suggested that I thoroughly check the car for damage, to avoid future problems. He suggested looking for bent frame, rear misalignment, etc. I've also seen a couple posts about trying to get new parts, rather than letting the body shop "repair" parts.

Any ideas about how much I should worry about this? I want to keep this car a *long* time.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my tt was involved in a 4-car pile up.... while it was parked!

basically, on a one way street, someone tried to turn left from the right lane, hit the person coming in the left lane, the person in the left lane hit the car that was parked behind me, and the parked car hit my parked tt!!!

anyway, my rear valence was cracked and needed to be replaced, but the car behind me... well... his radiator essentially exploded, as did his headlights, his grille, and most of the front end of his car.

ultimately: no damage to my tt other than cosmetic issues -- even the alignment was still dead on! based on my experience, you're probably okay. just take it to a good body shop, and they can help ya out!