TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

AUDI CUSTOMERS BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2001, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUDI CUSTOMERS BEWARE

I want you to know that Audi Customer Service DOES NOT CARE about its customers. They make promises they do not keep. They do not stand behind their product. They do not call you back when they promise to. THEY DO NOT CARE.

Ever need a tow from Audi Roadside Assistance? I did. I waited almost three hours! In the meantime, their customer service agent must have asked me for my Vin number 6 or 7 times, my name at least 5 times, my state at least 5 times and then she tried to tow me to a Volkswagon dealer in another state. And it took many phone calls to get the address correct where my TT broke down in the middle of the road.

But that's nothing. Try complaining to Audi Customer Service about a problem that you are having with your vehicle....like it broke down 7 times for the SAME problem--been towed 4 times.
Every try working with an Audi service department? Hope they take your calls! And hope they don't wreck your car on the hoist so that it needs body work and a paint job.

Maybe you are like me and have left at least 25 different messages at Audi Customer Service on 25 different days. Don't expect any more from them than them to "take notes" and put it in your file.

You CAN'T talk to someone in charge. No one is. There is no one else to transfer you to. And if someone promises to call you back, to discuss Audi's position on your unsafe car that you just purchased for $46,000---DON'T WAIT AROUND for three days for them to call like they said they would. THEY WON'T.

Good luck to all of you if you ever have to deal with the manufacturer of your car.
Old 05-16-2001, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Welcome to my world.
Old 05-16-2001, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That's why I have AAA Plus.
Old 05-16-2001, 02:34 PM
Elder Member

Default THIS IS NOT NEWS

do what I do, just show up to the service department and harass them politely. I always get the work done promptly and complete.
Old 05-16-2001, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Not my experience at all
Old 05-16-2001, 02:43 PM

Default Shouldn't have to have AAA Plus (I do), I have also called for 16 times and still no return

call. I'm still trying to work out my tire(s) bubble problem which Audi said is my fault. I had to replace my tires after 700 miles and a friend of mine who works on Infinity cars told me they traded out the same tire(s) for the same defect no questions asked. You think they would want to keep customers happy by at least calling them back. I don't think that's asking too much! Ok, I have to settle down now, I'm getting P#!!*d!!!
Old 05-16-2001, 02:47 PM

Default Re: THIS IS NOT NEWS

I may be wrong but I don't think this is what Nanc4Scott is talking about. I think she is having problems with Audi not her dealer. My dealer is fantastic but Audi is no help! IMHO
Old 05-16-2001, 03:02 PM

Default Just curious...what's wrong with the car?

It's possible someone here knows something your service dept. doesn't. Lots of people here who know more than Audi Customer service

7 break downs and 4 tows for the SAME problem probably get you into Lemon Law territory. There's a couple people here that know the ropes on that one, as well.
Old 05-16-2001, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Someone should contact AG. I'm sure they'd like to hear about this...
Old 05-16-2001, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Just curious...what's wrong with the car?

For those curious as to what's wrong with the car, please read re: SERIOUS CLUTCH PROBLEMS that I have within the past two weeks. Also, I do have problems with the dealer too, not just Audi. Since they have damaged my vehicle in the process of repairing the problem for the 7th time, they now want to charge us storage for keeping it until we hear back from Audi as to what they intend to do about the car.

Quick Reply: AUDI CUSTOMERS BEWARE