TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Audi Magazine - How do you get a subscription? I can't find a listing for it.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2000, 07:47 PM
Brad Willis

Default Here's the deal, as I understand it...

A dealer can to choose to offer it's customers Audi Magazine or not. If they do, they pay for it. So some dealers pay so that their customers can get it, and some do not. The problem is that it's almost impossible to get anyone to be straight with you.

Neither Audi nor the dealership will come right out and say that such and such dealership won't lay out the coin to pay for the subscription. So they usually say something like, "Yeah, that comes directly from Audi. I think that you get it after you buy the car".

Usually this is out and out bulls**t. Either they offer it, or they don't and the employees should know this. My dealership is a good one, but they don't offer Audi Magazine. So I had to "pull strings" with the folks who asked me to do the interview, and allegedly I am now on the list. Personally, I think that Audi should offer this to all of their customers, as it is great public relations and fosters brand loyalty.
Old 02-15-2000, 11:22 PM
Blue_Tarragon

Default Re: Thanks - I've only had my TT for four weeks. So I guess I'll wait to hear.

While waiting for my TT to show - I ordered another TT brochure from the Audi website, and they sent me the Coupe brochure, Roadster brochure and the latest Audi Magazine.
Old 02-16-2000, 05:47 AM
Kooq

Default Re: Here's the deal, as I understand it...

I didn't know about or ask about Audi Magazine when I got my TT. It just came about 2 months after delivery. I don't know if my dealer is paying for it, since it was never mentioned. I just assumed it was coming directly from Audi, as a "gift" for purchasing the car, just like the Roadside Assistance, etc. Koo
Old 02-16-2000, 06:28 AM
Jim Torongo

Default I got my car two weeks after you but do not get the magazine and in fact didn't know it existed

until I read about it here. How do you get it if the dealer didn't sign you up?
Old 02-16-2000, 08:23 AM
Brad Willis

Default Re: I got my car two weeks after you but do not get the magazine and in fact didn't know it existed

If my understanding is correct, your dealer and mine chose not to spend the dough to provide their customers with Audi Magazine. Therefore, you will have difficulty getting it. Conversely, Koo's dealer chose to provide it for their customers, and that's why she gets it. It does come directly from Audi, but not all buyers get it. Only customers of those dealerships who chose to participate.

I think that this is another one of those deals where you should trust me over Audi or the dealership. I had a really hard time getting a straight answer on this. No one wants to be honest on the issue, because no one wants to make the non-participating dealers appear to be cheap.
Old 02-16-2000, 09:14 AM
Jim

Thanks for the info.