TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Audi quality and TT in particular

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-1999, 11:07 AM
Wayne Bartlett

Default Audi quality and TT in particular

I haven't had a lot time recently to view this board but I am curious about the aggressive views by some participants on the subject of the recall and the car as a whole. Active discussion and various points of view are fine but this consistent noise about Audi and the TT is a waste of everyone’s time.

So in my humble manner here is my view of it all:
1/. The TT is not the first car to suffer a recall and frankly I haven't read a lot from folks talk about the car "getting away" from them.
2/. Unless Audi designs a retractable spoiler I'm not bastardising my car with anything as ugly as the Audi spoiler.
3/. The transmission sounds like a more serious issue.
4/. My Black/Black had a significant issue, a turn signal bulb failed. (Deep in takes of breath all around the world)
5/. WHERE IS THE BLOODY BODY BAG FOR THE CAR (car cover)?
6/. WHERE IS THE BLOODY ROOF RACK?
7/. I read a comment about beta testing. My 1996 Audi A4 performed like a Trojan. I amassed 50,000 in 11 months and never had it in the garage except when some **** in a 3 series forgot to stop at a red light.

To those who engage in interesting and even sometime frivolous discussion I say "Thanks you" I enjoy reading the postings.

To those annoying individuals that continually malign this car I have this to say.
1/. If your comments are based on jealousy because you can't afford one, then you need to look into yourself, seek a new financial direction, perhaps change jobs or except who you are and that given you place in life that a car such as this is not for you. When you accept that then you will be a nicer person.
2/. If you make comments like this out of some sort of competative nature, the kind of thing that tends to make people come out with " mines bigger than yours" then once again it is time to look inside yourself, seek understanding, control your feelings of low self esteem. People recognize that you are projecting those feelings. "Remember you only hurt the ones you love"
3/. You are a salesman for BMW - "Suck it up son, you are never going to make the money you once did"!
4/. To the Jack Geoff's of this world I think the Sony playstation your daddy bought you is a truer representation of life

Old 10-21-1999, 11:15 AM
jacqth

I am with you broda (nt)
Old 10-21-1999, 11:19 AM
TimoThy

a little STRONG, but I agree with him! (nt)
Old 10-21-1999, 11:22 AM
tks

ditto (nt)
Old 10-21-1999, 11:24 AM
rda

Default true that!

j/k
Old 10-21-1999, 11:26 AM
AkRascal

Why didn't I say that? (nt)
Old 10-21-1999, 11:28 AM
TTex

Good, I feel better about my decision in buying a TT (1 week away) (nt)
Old 10-21-1999, 11:31 AM
John TT

Here, here - some need therapy, others need TTherapy (nt)
Old 10-21-1999, 11:36 AM
Repulsed Forum Reader

Default You apparently did not review your post (more)

I don't think the verbage "****" was necessary and you were a bit pompous in your statements.
Old 10-21-1999, 12:45 PM
basic

Default Re: Audi quality and TT in particular

Wow Dude! (nt)

Quick Reply: Audi quality and TT in particular