TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Audi TT

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-1999, 12:35 PM
gussy

Default Re: Too many recalls for BMW's I AGREE 100% with you Alfonso!!!

Great points Alfonso!
Old 06-18-1999, 01:06 PM
John Ireland

Default HONDA!!?? And expect us to take you seriously?!! Afraid not. nt

nt
Old 06-18-1999, 01:53 PM
Steve G.

Default If he really wants rebuttals, how come he didn't include his e-mail address?...it must be "bitterandjobless@trailerpark.com"(nt)

nt
Old 06-18-1999, 02:19 PM
SAF

Default Re: Audi TT (sucks)

First of all, get some *****, and quit posting anonymously...it gives your opinions ZERO credibility around here. Secondly, are you high?
Old 06-18-1999, 02:46 PM
Holier than Thou!

Default 20% of NSX's break down and have to be towed in!

I've seen maybe 5 NSX's in my life time and the last one was on the side of the road, hood up, waiting to be towed. That's a 20% failure rate on Honda's top of the line car.<p>No matter what you buy, you spend your money and you take your chances. Given Mr. Friendly's attitude and the laws of karma, I seen a big lemon in his future!
Old 06-18-1999, 03:02 PM
Steve

Default Re: Audi TT

I am the service manager for a large Audi dealer in Houston, and we have had 1 TT come in with any problems! We have sold 10 so far, with a truck unloading right now with a load of sold units. The only problem so far has been a dash cluster causing the guages to not work. I have the 1st quattro in Texas on order, and I wish it was here now!
Old 06-18-1999, 03:16 PM
John J. Szobocsan

Default Greatest Sports Cars of All Times (Long)

The 9 June 1999 issue of 'AutoCar" has a fifty page section listing the greatest sports cars of all times. The cars that DID NOT make the top 100 (in alphabetical order)<p>BMW Z3: "You're kidding. Z3 is proof that BMW can build individualistic cars berrft of soul. We expected a modern 328; we got a retro with Compact underpinnings."<p>Honda S2000: "It promised much, and much it delivered. Yet despite amazing rev-hungry engine, six-speed gearbox and rear-wheel drive chasis, peaky Honda falls short of expectations. Blame lifeless steering and numb responses."<p>Mercedes-Benz SLK: "Car with the party-trick headgear is denied sports car status by limp steering, yawn-inspiring four-pot engine and auto transmission."<p>Source: 2 June 1999 AUTOCAR pg. 123.<p>**Member of the exclusive list of 100 Greatest Sports Cars**<p>Audi TT: "That Audi's new TT should win a top 100 place at the expense of Mercedes' SLK has everything to do with a sports car's core quality: driver appeal. The TT has it in spades... <p>It's fitting that the youngest car in our list should also be the shape of things to come, inside and out.<p>The TT hits the sport like no Audi has done in years.<p>Verdict: A high-tech head-turner that feels as though it was developed by eager androids for keen humans. Accomplished chassis, fine cabin, strong performance."<p>Source: 2 June 1999 AUTOCAR pg. 78.<p>The experts have written: "Audi TT one of the greatest sports cars of all times!"<p>Paraphrasing Walter Gropius, the founder of Bauhaus: "There are many that are among the 'intellectually undeveloped'. Appreciation of good design is a special gift given to only a few."
Old 06-18-1999, 03:21 PM
Frank

Default Re: Audi TT (sucks)

I can't believe you guys even comment to this person. These types get their kicks by going from newsgroup to newsgroup and disagreeing with whatever is popular. Giving him any attention is like putting petrol on a bonfire.
Old 06-18-1999, 09:42 PM
Nick Iliff

Default Damn, looks like school's out. (nt)

nt
Old 06-19-1999, 11:10 AM
SmiTTy

Default Re: These guys can't be for real!

SILENCE, you "gutless wonder!"<p>Enough of your INANE babbling!<p>You have ZERO credibility around here!<p>Too bad you're not brave enough to post your address. It deprives all of "The Enlightened" the pleasure of boycotting any of your future ramblings.<p>Take your "rice burner"-loving heart over to luvmycivic.com, where it belongs!

Quick Reply: Audi TT