TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Audi TT OEM Roof Rack!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks!

Well the roads have improved since 92 so I have been told, although I wasn't here back then to compare. You just have to be used to the road construction that goes on for 8 miles at time during the summer. But I think it's a scam to support insurance companies, windshield replacement companies and paint shops (think tons of flying pebbles when they are doing road repairs). Thank God for the 3M clear material a.k.a. clear bra which works well on the fight against bugs too.

But my snow tires are 225/40-18 Blizzak LM 25's. They do just fine really so I have no complaints there. The reason why I'm using OEM RS4's is because a tire/wheel company up here ruined all 4 wheels when they dismounted my summers, and mounted my winter tires on. I did a claim through my insurance company and they gave me 2.5 grand to get 4 new ones so that's what I did. So my summer tires are sitting on the newer undamaged OEM RS4's that I got. So the tire/wheel company's insurance company had to pay my insurance company so my rates didn't go up at all.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

funny how audi takes action from people's stupidity, but not for their inferior timing belt.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

LMAO!! That's a good one!
Old 10-27-2005, 08:13 AM
MP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sweet.

will you drive that setup to Circle City? you owe yourself a trip to the outdoor hot spa in Jan/Feb. that road was... exciting. almost died there, actually.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:23 AM

A friend in Germany got a price from his local dealer: 520 EUROS!!! Ridiculous!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default A friend found the same "deal", word for word, on a BMW-

"If sounds too good to be true, than it probably IS too good to be true !".
Old 10-27-2005, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Daaaaamn! That is just waaaay too much!!
Old 10-27-2005, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Doubtful...usually I head to Anchorage for my oil change...

Circle City is north of Fairbanks if my memory serves me correctly. With that said, Fairbanks is 220 miles away (3 hour drive). Anchorage is 350 miles away (6 hour drive) so that would be a stretch if I end up going. My time is running out here in Alaska though so if I don't get a chance this winter, I might never have another one. Glad your still alive though, any road for that matter in Alaska can kill you, winter or summer.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:07 AM
MP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default that's a haul!

here's a link to the Circle Hot Springs in case you're feeling adventurous. the Steele Highway was not paved when I did the drive from Fairbanks... as a result, we went off the road into a DEEP snowbank, but we were pulled out only a few minutes later (lucky, lucky, lucky) by a passing WWII vintage half-track... When we got to town, I bought the guy a 6-pack (he wouldn't take any $$), and he acted like I did him the biggest favor in the world - when in fact, he certainly saved us.

anyway, you have to go if only so you can say that you've been to the Arctic Circle. bonus: you can say that you've been swimming in the Actic Circle - in the winter. in the game of one-ups, this has won me a few free drinks over the years.

stay warm up there.<ul><li><a href="http://fairbanks-alaska.com/arctic-circle-hot-springs.htm">http://fairbanks-alaska.com/arctic-circle-hot-springs.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 10-27-2005, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have one, but have never used it. I was wondering about noise because i have a sunroof.

I agree, it is a very nice piece. I hope you get lots of use out of it.

Quick Reply: Audi TT OEM Roof Rack!