TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Audi TT quattro nightmare!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-1999, 06:09 AM
Marius B

Default Re: Quattro curious?

It's a development of the Golf Syncro system, only the viscuous coupler is replaced by a computer controlled (Haldex) clutch. Used in new Golf and Jetta 4motion and in Audi A3/S3 as well. Hardware same, but computer algorithms slightly different between these cars.

System is better able to handle forward weight bias than ordinary Audi quattro systems.
Old 09-22-1999, 06:14 AM
mne

Default What? Roger Wittaker doesn't exist??? But my mom has all his albums... she's gonna be bummed!! (nt)

x
Old 09-22-1999, 06:41 AM
Matt Daniels

Default Ian Goldberg & Roger Wittaker both coming from the same IP address

One of the advantages to being one of the moderators of the forums is that I can see the IP address from where a message was posted. Both Ian Goldberg & Roger Wittaker are coming from 194.6.178.2. I think it's save to say that this is a troll post and not real.

Matt
Old 09-22-1999, 07:51 AM
JMaTT

Default Now THAT'S funny!! He even "responded" to himself!! ROTFL!! (nt)

nt
Old 09-22-1999, 09:25 AM
Jon Clinch

Default More like Rube Goldberg, and we're rubes for listening...(more)

Note that Goldberg and Wittaker have similar spelling handicaps, too. Pretty clever, Roger/Ian -- but not clever enough.

Y'r obd't s'v't,
Jon
Old 09-22-1999, 09:50 AM
John P.

Default Sorry, but I think you're full of shi@. nt

nt
Old 09-22-1999, 01:30 PM
H_boy

Default lol (nt)

nt
Old 09-22-1999, 05:26 PM
Jason Dale

Default Hmmmm.....very interesting.....

Well, I haven't taken the time to read all of the responses, but I've racked my brain for a few minutes and find myself questioning the supposed cause of this accident. I never try to get on anyones case about problems that they may or may not experience. I'm just reminded of the eighties when i hear this about an Audi.
I can only assume that there will be an investigation into this problem-if there is one. I've been to some training on the Haldex system and couldnt for the life of me think of one possible scenario where this could occur. Keep us posted(maybe not)
Trying to be diplomatic.

Jason Dale
Audi Technician
Ken Garff Motors
Provo, UT
Old 09-22-1999, 05:30 PM
Jason Dale

Default Thanks

Thanks, Matt, I just sent a response trying not to be too negative towards this guy but i guess i was wasting my time.

Jason Dale
Audi Technician
Ken Garff Motors
Provo, UT
Old 09-22-1999, 05:30 PM
Audiboy

Ha ha, he he he BUSTED! That's funny. No way can this stop me from a TTQ 225 roadster.. nt

Quick Reply: Audi TT quattro nightmare!