TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Audi TT Recall

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-1999, 08:15 AM
Doug TT

Default Audi TT Recall

Since the recall is voluntary and includes a spoiler that looks like the afterthought that it is, what is the consensus on the TT Forum? Pro or con?

Old 12-09-1999, 08:24 AM
Denny

Not taking the spoiler (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 08:27 AM
Janet

Default As of now, I'm planning to take the spoiler...and keep it in my garage but NOT on my 180Q! (nt)

nt
Old 12-09-1999, 08:47 AM
Rick n San Jose

Default Re: Audi TT Recall

I love it. If they hadn't of added this to the 2001 edition, I would of purchased one. Also will buy the side skirts and change the front grille to a colored keyed variety as in some of the German Auto show photos. And when I can afford it, I will lower one inch and add 19" wheels.

-Rick
Old 12-09-1999, 08:52 AM
mne

uh huh... Audi aint gonna be givin uninstalled parts away... you can count on that. Liability issues (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 08:53 AM
Victor F

Me too (though I need to find out about UK insurance issues about whole issue) (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 09:15 AM
TomF

Technically, the recall is 'voluntary' in the sense that Audi is not required to do the recall... (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 10:07 AM
Janet

Default I suspect the ability to do this *might* vary from dealer to dealer. (nt)

nt
Old 12-09-1999, 10:16 AM
AkRascal

Default Wonder what Audi will say about warranty

to those of us who decide to keep our TTs as is.... doesn't seem that they could void sections of the warranty, but...........
Old 12-09-1999, 10:18 AM
mne

Default If your personal friends with one maybe... otherwise theres a ton of reasons for them not to... more

First off is the liability issue on a voluntary recall, ie; and the reason Audi is doing this "voluntarily"... one package/one car. Audi isn't thrilled about someone else doing their modification on your car and then offering warranty on something down the road (they dont care that you're storing it). Opens up a whole can of worms. Secondly if they gave you, me and others the parts without installing them and you sold your car and neglected to give the purchaser the parts, Audi is obligated to order new parts and is out-of-pocket the money in the parts you, I and others have stored in a closet somewhere. I've yet to see one single solitary recall, voluntary or otherwise, where the dealer just doled out parts in a "drive-thru" fashion, *****-nilly for the customer to store or have installed as they see fit. It just doesnt happen.

Quick Reply: Audi TT Recall