TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Audi are you listening? Cause i've HAD it with this car!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-1999, 09:04 PM
Jim S.

Default Audi are you listening? Cause i've HAD it with this car!!!!

Today, I'm pulling onto the NJ Parkway and at the toll, I push the button to roll down my window and nothing happens. I hit it like 5 times up and down, etc and it refuses to move. So, I go to unlock the door to open it and throw the token over the window and the central unlocking button does nothing. Furious, i finally get the door open throw the token at the machine and drive away. 10 minutes later, window and central locking button work fine.<p>It gets better, 10 minutes later after exiting, i get a grinding when shifting from 1st to 2nd with the clutch fully depressed. happened twice later, but not again since. This is a bad omen and I want out of this car.<p>I've had a butt-ton of other problems as well<br>* CD Changer (on backorder)<br>* Headlight out (replaced)<br>* ECU malfunctioning (replaced)<br>* Driver's window squeals like crazy (lubed 4X)<br>* Pass seat came out of its rails and rattled(fix)<br>* Cruise control does not work at all<br>* Central lock/unlock button fails sometimes<br>* Map lights do not work sometimes<p>I've had my car in for service 4 times in 2 months and <5,000 miles. I've had enough. give me my money back or give me another car.<p>ERRRRR!<p>Jim S.<p>00 TT (Ticking Timebomb)
Old 08-10-1999, 05:48 AM
STTeve R

Default Re: Audi are you listening? Cause i've HAD it with this car!!!!

I am sad to hear of all your TT problems, share in the agony...and anger. I will probably tell you something you are already doing; that is, document, document, document...be thorough. You have a computer. Make a detailed list: date, time, condition, symptoms, where it took place, etc. Keep something to write notes or dictate them while you're in the car and something happens.<br>The more specific you are, the better.<br>Should it become a legal issue, you will not have to depend upon memory or speak in generalized terms. You will have it all spelled out for the court and any jury.<br>As for the problems you have, while not making your problems sound frivilous, I think some owners would trade the window, locking, and headlight problems for their tranny problems. <br>And on a humorous note (if I can do it without offense 'cause not is intended), your TT draws enough attention without NJSP wondering why you went through the toll booth without paying..."officer my window wouldn't go down...sure kid." <br>Sincerely hope it works out for you before you have a heart attack or go totally bonkers.<br>-Steve
Old 08-10-1999, 02:44 PM
Chuck Mayer

FYI, you're not alone with your Audi... My two week old M Roadster (gave up a TT for it) has the following problems:<br>1.Leaky roof<br>2.Squeaky clutch<br>3.Glovebox door rattles<br>4.Entire dash creaks and rattles (to a disturbing degree - will the thing fall in my lap?)<br>5.Roof liner not attached to roof at front corners<br>6.Speaker between seats comes loose in its mounting<br>7.Very rough idle<p>I love the car - the way it looks, the way it drives, etc..., but am extremely disappointed about the quality. And if it rattles like this after just two weeks, what will it belike in a few years? I worked for Saab (U.S. and Sweden) for the past few years and we used to stress out about our cars poor scores in JD Power. However, I never experienced problems like these in any new Saab!<p>On the plus side however, the car hasn't experienced any mechanical problems; in addition, its power and performance is almost scary. Downside is that it draws an uncomfortable amount of attention...
Old 08-10-1999, 08:54 PM
Jim S.

Steve,<p>Thanks for your suggestions. Prior to posting to the forum, I sent a very detailed email to my dealer (salesman, manager, and service) detailing the dates, times, etc of what was going wrong. I feel terrible for those guys who have had their tranny replaced and for a while yesterday I had the same kind of grinding people have said they experience with a tranny on the way out, however today it's fine.<p>I'm keeping records of everything so in case this one day goes to a court or something that I'll have evidence on my side.<p>Thanks again!<br>Jim