TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Aviator Grey opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-1999, 09:53 AM
zx80

Default Aviator Grey opinions

Hey,
Has anyone seen an Aviator Grey TTQ in the flesh, so to speak. It's hard to tell from the small square in the brochure what it's really like.
Is it better than the Lake Silver?
Thanks,
ZX80
Old 10-22-1999, 11:08 AM
Gary

Default Re: Aviator Grey opinions---United Airlines

I have an aviator grey on order and I too have not seen one. Apparently, this color is not being provided to any other market than the US. In Europe they have a similar color that they call arrow grey. I have spoken with folks who have seen it but none have yet posted a picture of one on this forum. After listening to the descriptions I have decided that the color is the same as the one painted on the top of United Airlines jets. Get the picture? I too would still like to see something more than the two-inch square in the TT brochure.
Old 10-22-1999, 11:18 AM
John TT

But don't worry, the back seats are roomier than UA's coach seats!! (nt)
Old 10-22-1999, 12:24 PM
Greg W

Default Well...

I haven't seen the TT in Aviator Grey, but I saw a few A4s in Europe last month that I think were that color. And honestly, I LOVED IT!! The grey just looked perfect on the A4-- I can only imagine that it will be even better looking on the TT.

Greg
Old 10-22-1999, 12:40 PM
zx80

Default Re: Aviator Grey opinions

Do you think that the Nimbus Grey used on the Neiman Marcus limited may be similar to the Aviator Grey pearl effect?
zx80
Old 10-22-1999, 01:13 PM
Garyks

Default Re: But don't worry, the back seats are roomier than UA's coach seats!! (nt)

EVERYBODY's backseat is roomier than coach seats on United!!!!!
Old 10-22-1999, 01:43 PM
John TT

Default Re: But don't worry, the back seats are roomier than UA's coach seats!! (nt)

Well, not the back "seats" in my Tacoma xtra cab. But our dog sure loves them - DOGS LOVE TRUCKS!!
Old 10-23-1999, 02:25 PM
Thomas T

Saw one at the Frankfurt Autoshow. The color looks like primer. I was pretty disappointed. Go with the Nimbus Grey or the Lake
Silver.
Old 10-25-1999, 01:53 AM
Stefan Lundkvist

Follow this link. I beleive that the "pfeilgrau" in these pictures is the same as "Aviator grey". Just a difference in names.

I saw this at the Geneva motorshow, and yes, it does look a bit like primer, but in my opinion - it's awesome!!!

http://www.tt-owners-club.de/news/14-09-99.htm
Old 10-25-1999, 05:29 AM
Garyks

I followed your reference to the Frankfurt show. The color depicted is far lighter than the aviator grey depicted in the TT brochures. I've been told that the color in the picture is different from the real aviator grey we will be getting here in the USA. I certainly hope so. I've also been told that Europe get different colors than the USA. That doesn't make much sense to me. The Frankfurt picture looks almost white. I sure didn't order "white"!!

Quick Reply: Aviator Grey opinions