TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Bay Area Rector Motor Car Sucks "Rant"

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bay Area Rector Motor Car Sucks "Rant"

About 4 months ago i brought my TT in for "Front Suspension Clunk" and ambient temp not displaying in cluster.

$750 later, new sway bar and bushings and a SOL excuse for not fixing the temp sensor i got my car back with a paint chip on my door. I must admit they are really fast at NOT fixing my car properly. They didnt bother to align my car after the sway bar change as my wheel was lopsided! Even though the service advisor said, oh yea no alignment needed! The same problems persisted and I brought it back to the dealer within a week. They insisted they would get down to the bottom of it at my expense after charging me $750 for nothing!

Front sway bar and bushings were replaced 2 years ago, but they still did it anyways. Stated my aftermarket radio had aftermarket wires, but charged me $50 anyways for not fixing the ambient temp.

They were going to offer my some sort of credit towards the purchase of a new Audi which I requested as I intended to fix my car and sell it. After they saw my purchase order i had arranged prior with their sales person, they said sorry no deal.

I finally contacted AofA and they contacted Rector's Service Manager directly who has yet to contact me (1 week so far)

I finally had my car problems resolved at a local independant who I highly recommend!
(Front sway bar endlinks loose) Front drivetrain had a lot of slack, everything was retorqued. Ambient temp was resolved with a gauge cluster reset!

I specifically took my car to an Audi dealership because I know they would stand behind their work, well i guess NOT!

Any Suggestions? ? ?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Ask to mediate with the Audi Regional Representative.>>>

When I had my 2000TT serviced at Rector I never had any problems. Nor have I had any with Sonnen and with Audi of Oakland.

Maybe it was a bad hair day...;-)
Old 10-09-2006, 03:06 PM

Default Who are you dealing with at Rector? Paul Medina?

Just wondering...I used to deal with him for awhile when I lived in San Francisco and he was an ok guy. Helped me out but I felt like sometimes he would not tell me the whole truth. I have an aftermarket warranty from Mercury Insurance and he insisted the insurance wouldn't cover the replacement of my coolant temp sensor, fixing the leak for my windsheild wipper fluid, or the clunk in the front suspenion (turned out that I needed a new sway bar and bushings).

I brought it down to Miramar Audi in San Diego when I moved here a couple of months ago and they took care of everything under the warranty. I paid nothing. Rector has done good for the most part fixing certain things but I felt cheated that they didn't fix the above mentioned things stating that my warranty wouldn't cover it but somehow Miramar Audi magically found a way to get it covered.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Who is the "highly recommended" un-named independent?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Streetwerke in Palo Alto and also Tomas Sport Tuning in San Pablo are

two that come to mind
Old 10-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Advanced Audi/VW Service in San Francisco

They arent a tuner shop, but the last time I was there they were doing a K04 S4 upgrade. They employ very knowledgeable people and use the OE dealer scan tool.

http://www.advancedaudivwservice.com/
Old 10-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Who are you dealing with at Rector? Paul Medina?

Well, it turns out that my service advisor no longer works there... But AofA is mediating between me and the service manager whom ever that is now.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:31 AM
rbl
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default that's why they called "Wrecked her" Motors.

seems like they always claim to have overhauled their service rep staff. I always get a creepy feeling like they're not telling me the truth in there.