TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

BBQ and install party at Doug's tonight . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 07:30 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBQ and install party at Doug's tonight . .

We ended up having 6 TT's plus a future TT owner show up.

Doug, Vishal, Kim, Eric, Mike and I are all the current TT owners. Oren ordered his TT and will be picking it up within two weeks. He showed in his A4. Those of you that went on the Long Island TT Drive last September will remember him, he was hte lone A4 in our midst.

I installed a Forge DV into Doug's 225TTQ, a Forge DV, Strat Armrest and Euro Passenger Mirror all onto/into Kim's 180TTR. I then installed the Forge DV that I won at FW into my 180TTQ.

The one thing I noticed that was weird was how much things have changed from my 180 to Kim's 180. The hoses for the DV are different. The coil-packs for the spark plugs are also slightly different. I didn't do a side-by-side comparo but enough has changed, hopefully all for the better!

The hose for the vacuum line on the top of the DV might be too short as it was stretched to its max. She will keep an eye on it. That hose comes from a different place than does mine. My DV is also tucked in under the stress bar where hers is more out in the open like on the 225's.

Doug and his wife were very gracious hosts. We gopt to meet Doug's 2 kids and hang with his dog! Had burgers and dogs and lots of fun talking and playing b-ball and working on the cars!

We have already talked about getting a Jet Skiing day together during the summer on Long Island. We also talked about doing another Wine Country Drive and also a trip out to Montauk to see the lighthouse and do a tour of it. The wine trip and Montauk would not happen until after the summer as traffic is a killer!

Doug, again thanks Kim thanks for the Palm holder as well!
Old 04-27-2001, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello, just got home! chippim tomorrow!
Old 04-27-2001, 07:56 PM

Default :) :) All smiles!! Doug's BBQ/Install gathering was GREAT!!

Thank you Doug for being such a great host!

Thank you Larry for all of the great installs!

Thank you Mike for reprogramming my key fob!

But most of all, thanks for being great company.. It was a lot of fun hanging with you guys..AND Vishal, Eric & Oren..
Old 04-27-2001, 09:24 PM

Default thanks for having us Doug...

See you at 8 to drive to Pes.