TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

BeverlyHills - GOOD...Cutter - BAD (long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-1999, 08:33 AM
AndyG

Default BeverlyHills - GOOD...Cutter - BAD (long)

I've gone and done it - I now belong to that elusive club of those-waiting-for-their-TT-to-be-delivered.
However, I echo the sentiments of a previous post... "WTF are Cutter Motors (Santa Barbara) thinking?"
I went in there last Saturday, cheque book in hand, to place an order for a 180TT. They wouldn't accept my order (although Bruce, the sales rep) had assured me over the phone that they would. His manager then told me it was "not company policy" because so many people had cancelled orders. Do they have any trouble selling these "extra" cars?? So my $33K walked out of the door - are you reading this Cutter Motors General Manager?

Back at the office I logged onto Autobytel.com (who promise "fair prices" etc.) and they got Beverly Hills Audi/Porsche to contact me (within 24 hours). I went down, met with Victor who took me for a test drive in a Quattro (awesome) and I placed an order right there. I was able to order to exactly the spec I wanted, including the cloth/leather seats, and the price was MSRP.
The whole experience was very pleasant.
So, now I can't wait for:
a) February delivery, and
b) A chance to tell Cutter Motors what a bunch of losers they are - oh, I guess I just did!

Andy
180TTQ on the way baby!
Old 10-22-1999, 09:49 AM
Steve S.

Default Cutter Motors

Give me a break....Cutter Motors is not a bunch of losers...you seem like a winer to me. I have had numerous friends buy at Cutters and had an excellent experience. Jon Shafer explained what happened with Cutter with that other TT buyer. Do they have to make sure all salesmen and mgmt are on the same page, YES, they do. Are they a bunch of losers? No, they are not. They had a temporary miscommunication situation, that is all.

I can't believe how one little instance can provoke someone to bad mouth a good dealer on this board, or any other board. Please really think about posting derogatory information about a business unless it is truly a problem. These dealers work on reputation, and your little bitchin session did a lot to temporarily ruin the good name these folks have been trying to build over the years.

Next time, think about your actions before you mouth off. Am I pissed about your post? You bet.

Steve S.
97 A4 2.8QM
00 S4 (jan delivery?)
ssher@a4.org

Old 10-22-1999, 09:54 AM
DH

Default Why are you so defensive about Cutter motors?

It is possible they could be in the wrong just once. Don't take everything so personally.
Old 10-22-1999, 10:03 AM
AndyG

Is that a whiner or a winer..hic! (nt)
Old 10-22-1999, 10:19 AM
Steve S.

Sorry...I live near Napa/Sonoma... (nt)
Old 10-22-1999, 10:24 AM
AndyG

Default My point was....

If someone wants to give me $33K and I let them walk out of the door - am I not, by definition a loser?
Old 10-22-1999, 10:44 AM
AnTTony

You sound like a chick, man!! (nt)
Old 10-22-1999, 10:49 AM
a CHICK

You wanna ELABORATE (that means "explain") on that, AnTTony???...(nt)
Old 10-22-1999, 10:56 AM
AndyG

You mean I know how to use long words (correctly)? (nt)
Old 10-22-1999, 11:01 AM
JMaTT

Default You were promised a FEB delivery? I hope you aren't dissappointed (more)

That timeframe seems more than a little optomistic unless your dealer already had an order in that they changed for you. My car was ordered from Audi by the dealer on June 7th, it arrived in Boston on September 9th. As of today, it is still at the port in Boston. Yep, 6 weeks and 1 day SO FAR. Although this isn't typical, it does happen fairly often. Based on the demand, orders today are not likely to show up until next May. I do however, hope I am wrong.

Quick Reply: BeverlyHills - GOOD...Cutter - BAD (long)