TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

? Big 3.2 problems?....

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 07:54 AM
WGJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? Big 3.2 problems?....

My 3.2 has been held in port (R.I.) for over 3 weeks. I've been told that there are 36 more there, all being held.
A "team" of Audi mechanics from Germany was unable to fix these cars and another team will be sent "in mid January" with different parts.

When I called some other New England dealerships to see if I could find another car, I was told that some have stopped even taking orders at this time.

I think there may be a very big problem with many of these cars and if you have already taken delivery I would be very concerned.

Anyone have more info?
Old 12-09-2003, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Anyone have more info?" got search? this has been flogged to death here recently.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Have you tracked the info from EighTT? he believes it's DSG Related
Old 12-09-2003, 07:59 AM

Default It's not a big problem. But Audi decided it would be better to make the revision to cars...

... <font color="003366"><i>prior</i> to putting them into customer's and dealer's hands.

The problem has been identified, the fix engineered and, most importantly, it works and is reliable.

A precall isn't the same as a recall in the mind of the normal buyer. (something none of us here really are)
</font>
Old 12-09-2003, 08:00 AM
WGJ

Default Daahhhhh..

I have read what's been posted.
Did you know that the mechanics couldn't fix the cars, or that this may involve all the cars? or that you may be seeing a huge recall?
Old 12-09-2003, 08:08 AM
WGJ

Default yes, thanks, but....

Yes I've read Brad's posts for 3 years now!
Something new is occuring I believe. Unlike the cars delivered to the west coast, the Audi techs could not fix these. They aren't even for sale anymore here. My dealer is actually offering me a free rental car!
Old 12-09-2003, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you heard this from your dealer? I wouldn't believe it.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:14 AM

Default here is what I know

there were <u>some</u> cars affected (certain build dates and build numbers) by a SW bug in the DSG module. When this became apparent AoA (to know knowledge) held <u>ALL</u> cars at port because they couldn't tell immediately which ones were affected.

A team from Hungary + Germany were replacing DSG boxes or modules (not sure which) and then the cars were being released. I've seen a steady stream of cars being released now but perhaps they ran our of parts which is why they have to wait.

I've not seen any problems on mine (knock on wood) nor have I received any letters from AoA (but I guess I could get one) I think the problem is minor but to ensure that they get this done they are checking and double checking.

Hang in there, it's WELL worth the wait
Old 12-09-2003, 08:25 AM
WGJ

Default Thanks.....

It may well be that they couldn't fix the cars because they didn't anticipate that so many delivered to the R.I. port would be affected. The dealer's info seems very sparse.
He is however, quite sure that the team left and will not be back for quite some time.

I am very grateful and happy that mine is actually picking up the cost of a rental car.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default be glad that they're not shipping faulty cars like with the S4. More...

The DSG TTs sitting at the Port of LA were released last week. I don't imagine the East Coast would be far behind...

Quick Reply: ? Big 3.2 problems?....