TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Bilstein PSS9 Rear Spring

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Planet H of course..
Old 10-22-2003, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think that I have the right contact...

I'll just have to keep on it.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default all I can say is get them replaced fast...and whatever you do...don't drive over 100+

....that spring when the rear is unloaded is going to travel the rear wheels so that when you touch down there will be rear bump steer ...VERY dangerous... I experienced that with the earlier H&Rs that were coilbound.

paull
Old 10-22-2003, 08:16 PM

It's Udo... the friendly "just turn the spring" guy from Bilstein Udo Putzke
Old 10-22-2003, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

how bout "just turn up the stereo the noise is ok!"
Old 10-22-2003, 08:34 PM

Default How about the uncertain handling and the daily changing suspension geometry...

I might as well have put my car on blocks in the rear.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Bilstein PSS9 Rear Spring

This statement is to clear up misinformation regarding the Audi PSS9.
Shortly after the Audi PSS9 kits were released we received complaints about the rear spring design. Before we completed a full investigation regarding this we committed to a few customer refunds. The refunds were not an indication of any problems or engineering issues with the systems.
The spring design as explained in our previous communication, is engineered correctly and satisfies all requirements.
Any issues a customer may have with Bilstein products will be handled through the established warranty procedure, which is, if Bilstein determines a product defective, it will be repaired or replaced with a new or reconditioned unit. Please contact the Bilstein distributor from whom the product was purchased to process a claim.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:01 PM

Default Flat out lies...

all I have to say is that Larry Eckert Of bilstein is very proffessional in handling warranty claims. This design is flawed. No spring travel and total collapse doesnt work. If they were so sure of the design then there wouldnt be a generation number 2 kit coming out. Dont listen to this individual. He provoked me to the point I considered a lawsuit. THey openly admitted failure to me. THis individual didnt and was difficult to deal with. Shop elsewhere. I will send a copy of this thread to Bilstein direct in Germany, so they are made aware of how their employees handle customer service. THis man is abusive, uninformed and practices gross negligence in regards to customer service and safety. Frankly he deserves to be unemployed.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:05 PM

Default TUV is not an idication of quality of design

similar to ISO and other world organizations. To meet the specs is not an indication of quality, but rather that it passed such and such a test. This in itself may show a good paper trail and manufacturing quality, but does in itself not indicate a functioning product. Dont be fooled..
Old 11-03-2003, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default are you the agent for bilstein or would bilstein be better served by another...?

...because few will accept this diatribe on this forum..we are not fools..to be fair H&R had similar issues, in the past, and revised their spring design.

What we as customers are looking for, with a company of the stead of bilstien, is to rev the rear springs and offer an rear spring upgrade for those that have the old springs...that's the expection that is constantly voiced on this forum. I am confident that bilstein is fully aware of the damage that is being done absent this with a group of tuners that are more than expected.

Quick Reply: Bilstein PSS9 Rear Spring