TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Black TT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-1999, 01:08 PM
mbb

Default Black TT?

Looking over the available colors, it seems to me that the black exterior might evoke the the retro characteristics of the design more than any other color. OTOH, having looked at my first real TT this weekend (silver) the thing that impressed me most about seeing the thing in the flesh (so to speak) is the bevelled and chiselled look, characteristics that might get lost in the low-contrast black version. Has anyone seen, or bought, a black TT yet? I haven't seen any pictures of such a beast, on this group or elsewhere. Any impressions? <p>Mike
Old 05-31-1999, 01:54 PM
ChuckH

Default I've seen the black, but was overwhelmed with Denim Blue! The...

...black is OK, but like you said it doesn't really show the details of the car like other colors do. I'm waiting to see Aviator Grey. I think that's what I want on my Roadster if I get one. :-)<p>Charles<br>
Old 05-31-1999, 02:32 PM
Michael Trotman

Default Re: Black TT?

I've seen the black TT and of course it's beautiful. However, if you buy a black one be prepared to pamper and wash it more than any car you've ever owned. Black (and other dark shades) shows dirt worse than the lighter colors. Black also tends to show swirl marks worse than other colors.<p>But when it's clean and waxed...it's BEAUTIFUL!
Old 05-31-1999, 03:23 PM
Jason Dale

Default Seen them all and I've got to go with the silver(nt)

nt
Old 05-31-1999, 03:49 PM
Wayne

Default Blakc TT

I have a Black/Black TT on order from Bellavia Audi in NJ. Having spent a lot of time going back and forth between the combo's (thanks for the patience Jim) i settled on a black/black combo because I thought it was an elegant low risk choice. Having said that I think the best combo I have seen is Denim blue with Black interior. I jsut wasn't prepared to wait however long it would take to get that it.<p>The Aviator grey scared me. It looked a bit to light for my taste. But that was only pics and not in the flesh.<p>I think this car is so choice that any color would work. I saw on this site an emerald green one that was awesome, i think it may have been someone playing with photo shop.
Old 05-31-1999, 04:08 PM
Janet Lawrence

Default Re: Seen them all and I've got to go with the silver(nt)

Jason, you can see from my posting earlier today that I eventually took your advice!!
Old 05-31-1999, 05:22 PM
Nick Iliff

Default Yup, the green one was my photoshop creation (nt)

nt<br>
Old 05-31-1999, 05:39 PM
Jason Dale

Default Thanks

You know, Janet, I really appreciate you letting me know about your purchase. It does my heart good to hear that I was part of your decision. Really hope you enjoy the car when you get it.<p>Jason Dale<br>Audi Technician<br>Ken Garff Motors<br>Provo, UT
Old 05-31-1999, 05:39 PM
Buddy

Default Re: Black TT?

Wayne, I got my TT in Black. I posted earlier that I hadn't seen too many other posts regarding this color. The dealership I got mine from had a silver, blue and this black one. From the magazine pictures I thought I was going to want the blue. Then I saw the black one and was completely floored. I knew in about 2 seconds that was the one for me. I have been having to wash it about twice a week to keep it looking right though. Pretty high maintinence color for sure, but man is it beautiful when it is clean. I spent the day today waxing it for the first time. Used the Meguiars and it looks great.<p>Buddy
Old 05-31-1999, 07:14 PM
John Ireland

Default I chose black...nt

nt

Quick Reply: Black TT?