TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Blinking Immobilizer Light (gauge pedestal)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinking Immobilizer Light (gauge pedestal)

I most recently went to a locksmith to have another stilleto (remote integrated) key programmed. He didn't have time to successfully finish the job, and I have the following results:

1) The engine icon with the car key underneath the image of the car wont stop flashing when the car is running with any of my three keys (valet, original remote key, new remote key).

2) The car will drive without shutting off, but the light continues to blink fast with any of the three keys in the ignition.

3) The original key will flash the lights once, and after ten seconds unlocks the doors.

4) When attempting to program the second key with two clicks, a ten second wait, and then attempting to unlock the doors with the remote, NO JOY. Note: The second key did not blink the cars lights when I pushed any button twice after having turned the valet key in the ignition to "on"

5) I have a 2 hour drive today, and will not be able to bring it back until later in the day. Will the immobilizer eventually kill the engine and leave me stranded. What then? Unplug the battery to reset the hard codes, and then drive with the valet key?

Your immediate attention would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-29-2012, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff W

I most recently went to a locksmith to have another stilleto (remote integrated) key programmed. He didn't have time to successfully finish the job, and I have the following results:

1) The engine icon with the car key underneath the image of the car wont stop flashing when the car is running with any of my three keys (valet, original remote key, new remote key).

2) The car will drive without shutting off, but the light continues to blink fast with any of the three keys in the ignition.

3) The original key will flash the lights once, and after ten seconds unlocks the doors.

4) When attempting to program the second key with two clicks, a ten second wait, and then attempting to unlock the doors with the remote, NO JOY. Note: The second key did not blink the cars lights when I pushed any button twice after having turned the valet key in the ignition to "on"

5) I have a 2 hour drive today, and will not be able to bring it back until later in the day. Will the immobilizer eventually kill the engine and leave me stranded. What then? Unplug the battery to reset the hard codes, and then drive with the valet key?

Your immediate attention would be greatly appreciated
There are three versions of the immobilizer and only immo II and III were implemented in North America. You don't say what year your car is.

The key and the remote are separate systems, indeed you can split the key fob into two pieces.

The immobilizer (which is an RFID chip) is in key part. The remote is the other section of the switchblade key.

If the immobilizer is active in your car, it should turn the engine off in 5 seconds or so.

Obviously the flashing light should be a concern, your best bet is to have a dealer reset the key codes. There are some things you can do with Vag.com but I suspect you have some corrupt RFID data in there. The normal procedure is to recode all the keys at the same time, not just add one.

Note this is not the remote locking, just the immobilizer.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...r_Generation_1