TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Body work question... >>>

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Body work question... >>>

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the BBB option. My parents had problems with GM about their Bonneville, and GM ended up paying to buy it back at original sticker price after a BBB arbitrator ruled against them.

As far as the business goes, it's time to get pissed. 2 months is an insane amount of time, and they are taking advantage of you big time. When you go in next time, tell them you brought it to them with the understanding that everything was to be fixed. They inspected the car, and gave you a quote for the cost to make it whole again. If they missed something, that's their mistake, and likely calculated in to their repair costs for the parts and labor they didn't miss. You didn't authorize any additional repair because if something else needed fixed it should have been in that original estimate. It's also time to start tossing words around like "possible insurance fraud" in addition to "I'm probably going to get in contact with my attorney regarding your constant attempts to increase my costs past your original price quote".

Just the mention of the BBB, Insurance Fraud, and an attorney should probably light the necessary fire under their ***. Almost every body shop commits insurance fraud. If you don't think so, ask yourself why their first question is always "will your insurance be paying for this, or is it out of pocket". The difference is usually about 40% in my experience. Bodyshops don't want that kind of attention brought to their doorstep.

Jim