TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Bogging Down.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogging Down.

Hi all, I am new here, infact this is my first post. I hate to open with a problem but if anyone can offer information I would be grateful.

In short I am trying to get to the bottom of my problems without paying stupid dealer costs or buying Vagcom. I will try to give as much info as possible.

About 1 month ago, after returning from holiday I found the battery had gone flat on my TT 225hp yr2000.(this might mean nothing)

After recharging it was fine for a few days. Then one day after putting my foot down the car felt like it was running on 1 cylinder and the flashing yellow engine light came on.

I took the car to the audi dealer who changed the coil packs FOC as this was a call back item.

However on collection of the car, driving home it just bogged down under gas. No engine lights and drives ok at low revs but foot down and it feels like its going to die.

I do have a hand held diag tool but it returns no codes.

I feel I can count out the coil packs being the problem as they have just been replaced but with no warning lights or codes I am unsure where to start.

I am thinking Throttle position sensor, Maf, Throttle boddy reset (as the battery was removed) but would like your input to other possible reasons for bogging down under acceleration.

Can you help?

Thanks so much

Mike
Old 07-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

There's not much you can do to find out what's the issue unless you have a vagcom to tell you whats causing the bog down when stepping into it...

The only cheap things you can do is check for vacuum leaks under the intake manifold and around the turbo in-let pipe. Maybe change the spark plugs if you haven't already... You really need a vagcom to be sure of whats causing it though

If your in SFL, I'd scan your car...
Old 07-02-2012, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by markcorrado1
There's not much you can do to find out what's the issue unless you have a vagcom to tell you whats causing the bog down when stepping into it...

The only cheap things you can do is check for vacuum leaks under the intake manifold and around the turbo in-let pipe. Maybe change the spark plugs if you haven't already... You really need a vagcom to be sure of whats causing it though

If your in SFL, I'd scan your car...
Thanks for your reply Mark, The TT is goinig in for diag test. I will let you know how I get on.

Reards

Mike